• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

Pictures Of 8v Dizzy Adaptor?

Saveit

Hi there,

I have made my own dizzy adaptor for my mi16 engine which i have put in my 205 gti. I am looking for some pictures of the little piece that you put on the camshat. I need to check whether i have put the "slice" for the dizzy to grip on to in the right side of the adaptor piece. If i have made it right i will put up some pictures on how to make this converter. It is very simple yet very good.

So does someone have some pictures of an 8v dizzy adaptor? It is not because i am cheap or anything, it is simply just because i live in denmark and if i were to order one i would have to wait. So just to try it out i made my own last night, which is surprisingly effective and stabil. So i just wanted to check if i have done it right.

Thank you

welshpug

it depends on your meaning of "done right", In my opinion "done right" does not involve any dizzy adapters whatsoever, simply involves fitting the management the engine was originally intended to run with, or if running on ITB, aftermarket management. :wacko:

Saveit

Hehe you got me there :wacko: But i am not willing nor able to replace the full wiring with the mi16 wiring. But some pictures would be nice :) Have to check whether i have done it correctly.

Saveit

Doesnt anyone have some pictures?

hexhamstu

i should have a cam shaft with this on, but i am really not sure what i did with it. :lol:

Edited by hexhamstu

Saveit

Haha okay. Could you perhaps look for it? I will post a guide on how to do this yourself much cheaper and easier. But of course i have to check if i have done it right before i upload.

bensonmi
Haha okay. Could you perhaps look for it? I will post a guide on how to do this yourself much cheaper and easier. But of course i have to check if i have done it right before i upload.

i have a spoox one,if i get a chance today iltake some pics for you. is it mainly the inner bit you want pics of?

Saveit

It is mainly the little inner bit yes. Some pictures from the front, side and back of it. And do not rotate it while taking pictures, so i can see which end is which if you understand what i mean.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Saveit

vickiw106

i did and mi16 conversion before and found that you can use a stand 8v dizzy housing will fit onto the side of the mi16 engine, therefore you dont need a modified dizzy adapter

Saveit

The housing fits yes. But the inner bit is different. On an 1.9 gti camshaft the "groove" that the distributor grips on to is on the end of the camshaft. On an my16 camshift the "groove" is on the side of the end of the camshaft. Kinda hard to explain. Hope you understand.

Saveit

Still looking for pictures...

Saveit

Thank you benson. But couldnt you pull it off and take pictures of both the front and the back of the little bit in the middle?

bensonmi
Thank you benson. But couldnt you pull it off and take pictures of both the front and the back of the little bit in the middle?

sorry i havent been able to get hold of the right tool to pull it of! but its on my list of things to do as what you are doing is a great idea as these things are well over priced!

Saveit
sorry i havent been able to get hold of the right tool to pull it of! but its on my list of things to do as what you are doing is a great idea as these things are well over priced!

Exactly - well overpriced! And i am pretty sure i have done it right. But i need to see pictures from both back and front of that little bit, since i need to now if the "center pulley" adjustment is right. Otherwise ignition will be 180 degrees wrong.

yeti-dj

I dont know if you would be interested but i have a couple of the adaptors lying around that i had made when i did my MI16 conversion, the part you need that bolts onto the end of the camshaft and allows you to bolt on the GTI thermostat housing.

Just beware that you will also need to drill and tap the MI16 head in a couple of places for the bolts to allow the GTI housing to attached properly...

I would also not bother with this and just be brave and do the wiring, the difference between the mi16 on GTI wiring and on the correct wiring is night and day and well worth the effort in the end..

cheers and good luck..

Sign in to follow this