• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattbenselin

205 Gti Carb Conversion Wiring Loom

mattbenselin

Hi all,

Just finished messing with the engine loom so it will just run spark/gauges for my carb conversion.

Already present in the engine bay on another loom are the lights, radiator, horn, etc, and the battery to starter and alternator wires. The battery is in the boot so the loom is basically extended with a connection box behind the glovebox. Also there is a bulkhead mounted fuel pump and a DIY fuel pickup in tank.

loom1.jpg

#1: Armtech rev. limiter - wired into the outside positive (wire 2B) and inside negative (wire 112A) of coil, green will earth

#2: Reverse light switch

#3: Ignition coil

#4: Oil pressure sender (wire 30B), oil pressure switch (wire 30), alternator (wire 7A) and starter (wire 46A)

#5: Ignition control unit

#6: G'box mounted earth, oil temp. sender (wire 30A), coolant temp. sender (wire 47A) and coolant temp. switch (wire 47)

#7: Distributor

#8: Tachymetric relay

#9: Connection to immobiliser

#10: (Yellow cable) Connection to immobiliser

#11: (Brown cable) Connection to battery positive via glovebox connector (wire 20)

#12: (Brown box) Connection box 1 (standard box incl. positive coil feed)

#13: Connection box 2 (standard box incl. gauge wires)

#14: (White cable) Connection from tachymetric relay to fuel pump positive (wire 76)

Think I covered everything but if any one notices anything out of place please let me know, thanks.

Sign in to follow this