• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Brake Compensators And Brake Lines

brianthemagical

So I'm trying to find some new compensators for the rear of my 1.9 GTi and so far I've had no luck.

Any recommendations of where to find any please?

I'm also anticipating having to change the brake lines at the same time so I'm also after recommendations for what type of brake hose to buy. I've no idea if there's anything better than standard copper hose that won't rust and is easy to form.

To go with the above, i'll also need a new pipe flaring tool as the one I have is cheap rubbish!

Thanks

welshpug

gsf used to do them, also any bosch stockist.

copper wont rust, you can use copper nickel which is harder, you will need good tooling to use it though.

the sykes picavant workshop type is the best I've used and picked up a second hand one a while back.

best unions I have found are the original manufacturers ones, so I keep a tub of them from cars weve taken parts off in breakers.

hose is the rubber bit.

brianthemagical

gsf used to do them, also any bosch stockist.

copper wont rust, you can use copper nickel which is harder, you will need good tooling to use it though.

the sykes picavant workshop type is the best I've used and picked up a second hand one a while back.

best unions I have found are the original manufacturers ones, so I keep a tub of them from cars weve taken parts off in breakers.

hose is the rubber bit.

Thanks welshpug. I was somewhat confused when reading you post about the rust and rubber bit, then was shocked to discover it's what I'd written in my post! And I can't find a way to edit.

I'll go for standard copper stuff, not least because I know of some going spare.

I was struggling to find the compensator, including GSF. Since finding the part number from the link below it's been much easier.

Thanks again

brianthemagical

Thanks brakes100, that's brilliant! Just what I was after. Now ordered.

Thanks again for the help both.

jord294

£31 each through autodoc uk