• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Martycush

205 Gti Tailgate Panel

rikky

Not sure off the top of my head but I would be tempted to rig a clamp of some sort up to hold it in there. You can get some that joiners use with rubber pads on which are good. Or anything you can devise would do the same thing really

Telf

Im bordering on giving up with the panel tbh and fitting a black one, it just doesn't seem to be quite the right shape for the tailgate-anybody else had this issue with the reflective panels?

AlexRS2782

As I said, my panel has been of for quite a few years using the heavy duty tape and never had any issues when fitting it. From memory just used some masking tape to hold it to the tailgate whilst it cured and it's held up fine.

Was your panel new old stock, or a used one removed from a car. Just wondering whether it's been stored badly and it's now misshaped hence the problems?

Telf

it was old stock, I think it may have warped in slightly at the edges, ive had it in a bath of hot water with a load of weight sat on it - it seems to have lessened the curve- with a decent bonding agent I think it may stick now!

rikky

They're the exact clamps I meant above, had forgot the name. They're brilliant!

ScoobyJawa

Yep, they are bloody useful, use mine a lot more often than I ever thought I would! :)

Edited by ScoobyJawa

rikky

Bumping this back up as I've fitted mine (images on previous pages) yesterday. It fits fine and looks good, only issue being the peg is about 2mm out so needs the hole in the tailgate elongating slightly. Apart from that, you'd never know :)

• Like 1

Telf

Good news Rikky.

Ive given up on my reflective panel for the time being it just will not stick!

Pugleyrich

That's good to hear. Has anyone successfully fitted the repo grey panels from Germany?