• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

davemar

Gsf Denji Headlight Looks Wrong

davemar

I've just bought a RHS headlight from GSF and was all ready to fit it when I noticed it didn't look quite right. The photo shows my original Lucas on the left and the new Denji one on the right.

You'll see the two main problems are the sidelight is on the opposite side of the body, and the ball-joint clip is round the wrong way (socket in the Lucas one faces away from you, whereas the Denji socket faces towards you).

There's no way this going to fit in the car, so it'll need to be sent back. Anyone else experienced this from GSF and had any luck getting a suitable replacement?

post-3420-0-15761900-1489947654_thumb.jpg

welshpug

that'll fit fine, its just an earlier type of headlamp, originally made by Marchal, the balljoint link can easily be turned round if you cant get it to clip on.

Miles

As above, but they are pattern parts and not always going to fit well, you need to remember GSF just buy them in a sell them on without any knowledge of fitment, Even the Lucus ones are not quite as good as the Valeo units

murtaghp

I had the exact same headlights from GSF about a year ago but returned them as the lens pattern was all wrong and they were not "e" marked anywhere.

They did have some markings on the box but it turns out they were some American standard.

They took them back no problems although I did have to pay return postage.

davemar

GSF have allowed me to return it, so I'll try and find a replacement somewhere else.