• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NOsMAN

Will This Fit? Master Cylinder

NOsMAN

"PAGID Brake Master Cylinder PEUGEOT 205 1.9 GTI 1.6 GTI

Brake System: ATE Diameter [mm]: 20,6 ; Length 1 [mm]: 32,4 ; Length 2 [mm]: 114,9"

Been trying to locate a suitable master cylinder for the car , the one taken off has the part no 311698.

Will the one above fit? tried 2 different ones already but the dont fit.

Any advise on where to get a suitable replacement?

s-l1600.jpg

j_turnell

I would say yes Chun. It's the right size 20.6mm and has 4 outlets assuming your running the 1.9 4 line setup. Bendix is the brand to get but last time I tried to get hold of one my local parts place couldn't get one.

idoari

I got a brand new Bendix mc and it was bosch mc inside the box. They apparently works together. You cannot go wrong with bosch anyway since a lot of the gti parts are bosch anyways : ecu,injectors,maf even the wiper motor.

Ido

NOsMAN

Thanks guys, the joys of 205 ownership lol , now replaced master cylinder , calipers, new discs and pad and the rear brake on the passanger side is still s*it. Only things left to change is brake pipes and compensator(if i can find any)

NOsMAN

BOSCH - Ref: 0 204 131 048

BOSCH - Ref: 0 204 131 049

Also trying to work out which one is the correct one as they have 2 available ??(searched old post and found mister auto online who sells them.)

welshpug

those are 1.9 brake compensators/limiter valves not master cylinders

oh, youre asking which is correct for a 205? wasnt clear as this thread was about MC's!

welshpug

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=121991

both are 'correct' differing peak pressures but not a significant variance if they're both listed for a 205, just make sure you fit them in pairs.

gsf used to do them at £28 but that was quite some time ago, the pair on my zx cost £110 5 years ago but they weren't as common.

NOsMAN

0 204 131 048

just spoke the parts women who has said only the above compensator will fit my car , after i gave her the chassis no, reg.

As for the M/C , I have put it on already and its perfect :D

welshpug

They'll both fit, just different specifications.

NOsMAN

oh lol wonder why she told me they didnt fit, maybe she wanted me to buy the expensive version.... cheap one is £36 and the 2nd is £69 .. damn she is a cheat ,luckily I didnt buy it from them.

welshpug

because computer doesn't list it :lol: