• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205TcTDK

Rgx Plastic Intake. Vs Alu. Intake

205TcTDK

Anyone who knows something about that topic ?. My RGX is fitted with at standard plastic (black) intake manifold, but Why is it not fitted with Alu -> as most other RGX-engines/conversions. Is it at speciel model or?. The engine is from a

citroen xsantia ph1 or ph2 - I dont know..

B1ack_Mi16

Early ones have aluminium intake I believe, later ones plastic.

griffo

Anyone who knows something about that topic ?. My RGX is fitted with at standard plastic (black) intake manifold, but Why is it not fitted with Alu -> as most other RGX-engines/conversions. Is it at speciel model or?. The engine is from a

citroen xsantia ph1 or ph2 - I dont know..

Martin, if you drop your VIN in at http://205gti.info/vin you can see what the engine/serial was as shipped from the factory.

The plastic inlet manifold on the XU9JAZ (DKZ) engine came in around the AM94 vintage (July 93) I think or maybe a bit before. I would assume this is the same for the Citroen XU9 models as well.

I would think the plastic plenum was more about lightness and cost than anything else.

welshpug

Martin, if you drop your VIN in at http://205gti.info/vin you can see what the engine/serial was as shipped from the factory.

The plastic inlet manifold on the XU9JAZ (DKZ) engine came in around the AM94 vintage (July 93) I think or maybe a bit before. I would assume this is the same for the Citroen XU9 models as well.

I would think the plastic plenum was more about lightness and cost than anything else.

does it work on non 205's now?

welshpug

servicebox says rp 7665 for change from aluminium to plastic.

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

welshpug

3 November 1997

griffo

does it work on non 205's now?

205 and 309 models only. Still expanding 309 support :-)

welshpug

wont help with a xantia engine then :P

205TcTDK

Hello everyone.

Thanks for your answers..

It was only a question about the version of the RGX engine.. My vinnumber assioates with the std. DKZ engine as well, but is the plastic intake version the last one in production program? (newst version of rgx engine)

- do you think the alu is perfered over the plastik one, or do you think there a reason for changing..? I Like the look of plastic, because it looks very "clean" and especally the fuel-rail is looking a bit more like "New design".. but I think the RGX not will produce more power eaven if the inlet is changed to alu.

Regards

petert

The plastic one is rubbish. If it ever backfires the end near the alternator will blow out.