• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NickMi

[project] 205 Turbo 8 Valve Build

welshpug

your rear calipers are upside down?! they'll be a bugger to get all the air out of fitted that way up.

I take it this will never see the road?

NickMi
your rear calipers are upside down?! they'll be a bugger to get all the air out of fitted that way up.

I take it this will never see the road?

Yeh the calipers are upside down, i have already bleed them no problem.

Yes it will be going on the road, hopefully next month

Daviewonder

Looking awesome mate! How have you connected up the handbrake to the calipers?

welshpug

what davie said, for an MOT you need a mechanical parking/emergency brake, you can have vented rears by using the standard 1.9 rear caliper with the wider pad carrier you have there already, possibly the same discs, I think Tom Fenton did something along these lines.

NickMi

Hi Guys,

The rear calipers a the opposite to what you think. They use the piston part of the caliper for 1.6 fronts and the smaller pads and carriers from 1.9 rears with solid discs.

As for the handbrake its a hydraulic jobbie and as far as i was aware as long as it has a locking divice to hold it on when parked its fine for M.O.T

welshpug

I dont think that is correct.

also begs the question, WHY?

crackass999

hi there, just wondering what gearbox you're using and if you have a limited slip dif.I'm using a 1.6 box and struggle to get traction.

Cheers,matt.

Tom Fenton
as long as it has a locking divice to hold it on when parked its fine for M.O.T

No this isn't the case- you are required to have a mechanical link to the handbrake- e.g. cable or linkage.

NickMi
No this isn't the case- you are required to have a mechanical link to the handbrake- e.g. cable or linkage.

Just going on what my boss has told me and as he is the one m.o.t testing the car i cant see it being much of a worry to me.

Oh yeh its running a GTI-6 gearbox with std diff and 306 td shafts

shalmaneser

This is definitely correct, you need a non hydraulic linkage for the handbrake.

As to whether the tester will notice/know I'm not so sure.

NickMi

Hi guys have not updated for a long while. I have been busy since my baby girl was born in december but i have managed to do some work on the car.

Firstly i had these rear beam mounts made and fitted them

IMG_0532.jpg

I also had the same guy who made them to totally modify my turbo downpipe as it was hitting the bulkhead. He also changed the wastegate arrangement for me so i now have a dump pipe from the external wastegate pointing at the floor.

Image0094.jpg

I have some more pictures but i can find the cable for my camera at the mo.I will post some more pics when i find it.

Guest JayTee
Hi guys,

I have said they are cosworth injectors but they are cream in colour and have four needle holes, they are weber injectors and when i rang webcon he could not tell me what they fitted just that they had a huge flow rate. I will have to check the reistance when i get back to work but that is a good point made. I think i can change the resistance settings on my dta ecu. Might explain why when i had it running it overfueled badly and ran lumpy.

they will be fieta rs turbo beige injectors being 701's and there low impendance but also max out at 220 ish bhp on a 1.6 so on a 2.0l there not really suitable, go for astra vxr injectors or a proper set of siemens, be more suited to your app, HTH

NickMi
they will be fieta rs turbo beige injectors being 701's and there low impendance but also max out at 220 ish bhp on a 1.6 so on a 2.0l there not really suitable, go for astra vxr injectors or a proper set of siemens, be more suited to your app, HTH

Hi cheers but they are not fiesta injectors for sure and they are not low impendance. When i spoke with webcon the flow rate is huge.I cant see them being a problem but its going on the rolling road soon to be mapped so we will find out then.

NickMi

Hi guys, I have not updated for while as i have been busy.

I have managed to do some work on the car though.

I decided the wheels needed a bit of a refresh so i gave them a lick of paint

Image0101.jpg

Here is a picture of the dump pipe from external wastegate

Image0098.jpg

Next is the exhaust which is straight through with no silencers and 2.75" diameter.

You can also see the rose jointed gear rods in the pic.

Image0099.jpg

Next you can see the brakes and suspension which is fully rose jointed and running custom ast uprights

Image0097.jpg

Image0081.jpg

Ihave also made the intercooler smaller and re routed the turbo pipes, i will get some pics up in the next couple of days.

custard-rallye

love this car cant wait to see it finished

NickMi

Here is a couple of pics showing the turbo pipe work i have moved around. I also made a new intake pipe to the turbo for better clearance.

Image0143.jpg

Image0144.jpg

I also made some alloy plates to cover the fuel pump and sender

Image0103.jpg

And sorted the verticat hydraulic handbrake

Image0145.jpg

I have cut the intercooler down and lowered it, I will post some pics of it tomorrow.

mmt

What an amazing car and amazing work!!!

Where did you get that black front wide body kit?

NickMi

I have taken a few pictures as promised of the intercooler i have shortened.

Image0142.jpg

Image0147.jpg

I hope to get an M.O.T on her this coming weekend and then on the rolling road.

Cheers for your coments and i got the front arches from ebay mmt.

mmt

Thanks.

Are they for a 205 or something else?

NickMi
Thanks.

Are they for a 205 or something else?

Hi yeh they are for 205, They were £150 for wide front and standard width rears.

I think i still have the guys contact details if you want me to dig them out for you?

TT205
Next is the exhaust which is straight through with no silencers and 2.75" diameter.

Just a thought - How confident are you that it won't fail mot on noise emissions

NickMi
Just a thought - How confident are you that it won't fail mot on noise emissions

I am pretty confident as my boss will be moting it for me :)

Will Eastman

Any update on this? Did you get it rolling roaded?

Loose Hand Luke

Looking awesome mate!

What arches have you fitted? Not seen them before!

NickMi

Hi all

The car is on the road and engine run in, I took the car to the dyno last week and all was well apart from the rooling road was only capable of running 250 bhp. Ran the car up in forth but just ended up with wheel spin when the boost came in hard and the dyno went off the scale.

Fair play though it goes like stink, left a mate gobsmaked when i left his 260bhp megane 225 standing.