• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveyboyblack

Front End Look

daveyboyblack

Hi All,

Some of you may recognise my car as I bought it off a forum member. I'm currently looking at the front end and thinking of either putting it back to standard, or maybe something in between standard and what it is currently. I'd appreciated any thoughts on:

- Putting standard lights and grille back on, and reinstating the foglights

- Painting the morettes, and replacing the air intake with a new lens, and also reinstating the grille. Has anyone got any goot pics of a white 205 with twin morettes?

- Maybe putting some brake ducts where the fog lights used to be?

Heres how the car is currently:

th_DSC05059.jpg

Here's how it was when I bought it. Although I did quite like it, i want to get closer back to a standard look, just can't work out whether it's worth the bother of getting all the standard parts back on it?

post-11474-1215694153.jpg

Cheers

Dave

MerlinGTI

Put the St Tropez front valance back on, that car looked badass how it was orginally, and is one of my screensaver pictures :D

maybe a debadged grille and source another headlamp lens ?

Rom

Is thats Edds old car?

Id go standard. Not a fan of the Tropez valance. Zender is nice, but hard to find. Been talk of some moulds, but never materialises.

tri_longer

I'd definitely put in a standard/debadged grill, but i'd go for a black one to match the morettes. And why not put fogs instead of driving lamps in.

davepug205

TBH if its not a track only car I would put it back to original, you cant beat the look of a factory 205gti in white.

PM me if you sell the morettes cash waiting, and ive got lights, bumper and a grill in white for you :D:D

maturin23

It looks like a stray cat that's had one fight too many :D :D

jord294

how about modding and fitting a 309 gti front bumper?

GTI6BOY

Your crazy

This was one of the finest looking 205s on the forum?

003.jpg

GLPoomobile

The half way house approach doesn't work for me. In fact I'd call it half arsed. If you want it to look more like standard then go for the standard look (the only concession to this that would look good is PTS grill stripes and yellow driving lights). If you are keeping the Morettes then put the St Tropez valance back on, paint the lights white and get a grill on too. I liked the look of it before but never liked the missing grill and black/grey/primered Morettes, as it looked unfinished.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Miles

Std, it looks like it's been crash repaired without a Grille and BM side reapeater's in the bumper, Bumper's 50/50 thou

Gentrix

I would try a satin black grill to match the morrettes - standard or debaged - a 4th headlamp - st.tropez valance - get rid of the bumperrepeaters and try to find nice, round, orange indicators to fit in the foglight holes of the tropez valance.

rl18_front[ekm]304x300[ekm].jpg

Or go standard 100%

Edited by Gentrix

bill

looked best, as it was when you bought it, going off the pics

bensonmi
looked best, as it was when you bought it, going off the pics

standard i say, poss put a front splitter on for extra depth and "meanness!" but whatever tickles your testies!

Cameron

Looks cool as you bought it. Leave the morettes black and maybe stick a black grill on. :blush:

rubyna

Id either have it like it was when bought but put a Guttman grill with black mesh on,or go

standard all the way. Whatever you like is the main mate.

bensonmi
Id either have it like it was when bought but put a Guttman grill with black mesh on,or go

standard all the way. Whatever you like is the main mate.

im selling a gutman grill with black mesh :D !! would suit the look of the car with those lamps and bumpers

daveyboyblack

Thanks for all the input! Definitely a big split in what everyone thinks so it doesn't feel so bad that my own mind keeps thinking one thing then deciding another! :)

I'm going to find another headlight lens and keep the morettes for the moment, and either put the St Tropez back on, or put some brake ducts into the standard bumper.

Here's a crap retouch but you get the idea.

untitled.jpg

Although I do prefer the standard look, my money's going to be better spent on the cage and seat mounts that i need.

No doubt if I put the grille back on then i'd end up with overheating issues!

:)

MerlinGTI

This is what I had in mind:

hisgrille.jpg

So much in mind its where i was going with mine, but I will have to ditch the bonnet pints to fit the morrettes I have. I might at some point when I get bored and a auto bonnet.

MerlinGTI.jpg

DaveW

How about 'rallye grilles' on the valance? deffo get a white grill for it please!

Baz
Std, it looks like it's been crash repaired without a Grille and BM side reapeater's in the bumper, Bumper's 50/50 thou

Exactly! Agree about the halfway house comment too, all or nothing IMO!

NeilGTi85

The only place I could find that do morette spares are:

http://www.e-styling.co.uk/scpro/estyling/...p;manumodel=170

Also I would advise you not to paint the morrete surrounds white as it looks gash ;)

White grill goes well though....Mine in progress...

http://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...&loc=loc801

Edited by NeilGTi85

daveyboyblack

That looks pretty good Neil, has persuaded me to put the white grille back on!

The morettes shown on e-styling.co.uk aren't the same ones as yours/mine though are they? (The image shows they're smaller as they use the standard indicators?) Where did you source the ones on your car from eventually?

Also, I never looked at that wiring for the E30 indicators for you.... car's now back in my garage so did you still need me to take a look?

Cheers

Dave

NeilGTi85

The one's in the link for e-styling are the right one's, you can see the separate indicators on the pic.....they also do the other type aswell though.

About the E30 indicatos.....im not sure im going that route yet, I'm trying to source some lights to fit in the front valance and turn them into indicators!! Might be abit large but it'll look better then having to cut the bumper etc

Neil

Edit - There are 3 diffrent version of the "morette" style headlights. I've had some that bolt stright through the morrete into the optic casing and the one's I have now (sourced from ebay) require the butterfly clip's & springs etc as shown on e-styleing.

Could you take some pics for me of your's and the indicator's if you can?? Some behind the bumper shots would be good :rolleyes:

Edited by NeilGTi85

daveyboyblack

Ok, so it seems that the original indicators are still present and working fine too......

DSC05774.jpg

You can see the original indicator and wiring, plus the 2 extra wires, going down ino the E30 inidicator in the bumper. Not planning on pulling it all apart seeing as it's working, but i'm presuming that it's simply been split from the original wiring for the indicator... would this be how Ed got over the resistance issues that you've mentioned?

Also, found this place which says they do the spare lamps for the morettes (Mine are Valeo/Cibi 082373)... http://www.motoscope-online.co.uk/lighting.htm

Dave

Edited by daveyboyblack

timmsy19

I'd say keep it how you brought it but then i saw the work that Edd put into this as i lived close by. full picture of it as my desktop background at work and home :lol:

The finest white example ive seen. so much so in fact i had to buy myself another 205 in white.

If you ever do sell all the kit and go back to standard ive got a good home for them aswell as that intake pipe. :)

Edited by timmsy19

Sign in to follow this