• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamal

[car_upgrade] My 205 8vt Project

Jamal

A lot of time has passed since my last post.

I decided to take apart the cooling system because the ineffective waterflow.

I modified the hose joiner at the back of the block and I'm just about to modify the pipe going from the thermostat housing to the rad.

My homemade oil pressure adapter is leaking a bit, so the oil cooler too.

Tomorrow morning I ordered new seals from Peugeot, I hope these seals will make it dry :)

Decided to make a heatshield for the fuel lines, this will be the next task afther these.

Pics will coming soon!

Jamal

Here are some pictures about my new cooling system:

From this

Fenykep0013_152255.jpg

With these

Fenykep0014_152256.jpg

Became this

Fenykep0015_152257.jpg

The new T pieces

Fenykep0017_152259.jpg

Fenykep0020_152301.jpg

Jamal

Now everything is on.

The cooling system is great!

Just opened the bleeding screw and the engine bleeded itself totally without starting it :P

Edited by Jamal

Jamal

Hi Everyone.

I was away enjoying my new car :angry:

I made a lot of modifications.

On the cooling system the first idea was to use a flexi hose for the heater matrix:

Fenykep0023_203755.jpg

But I changed my mind, because I was afraid, that the flexi hose will burn.

So modified with some copper hoses and a shorter flexi hose:

Fenykep0035_203759.jpg

I think it will make it good enough

After that, I decided to produce a heat shield for the fuel lines, because they're at the original place:

Fenykep0024_203755.jpg

Maybe You can remember my post about the rev counter problem in the XU Engine modifications topic.

This was the beta version :D

Fenykep0038_203800.jpg

An XM rev counter on the dashboard

After su*king with the rev adapter I decided to build in the XM counter into my modified clock(the turbo gauge already fitted and left a small place to build in the XM's iron shielded two coil counter). So I had to extend the axle with a copper extender(from my turbo gauge that I soldered onto). Used some spacers to get enough clearance between the gauge. The rev counters PCB was the next problem. I decided to move it to the back of the clock housing.

So managed to get a standard looking clock with turbo gauge and a very accurate rev counter. Just had to calibrate it with a scope:

Fenykep0041_203802.jpg

Fenykep0043_203803.jpg

I think It's a perfect sleeper :D

Fenykep0028_203758.jpg

Fenykep0032_203759.jpg

(If you look at the picture carefully, You can see the IC under the reg plate)

pablo

is the cooler getting much airflow in there?

Jamal
is the cooler getting much airflow in there?

Yes, If you take a look at the older pictures, You can see that the IC is tilted and get enough air through the spoilers grill and gap.

Only 1 or 2 rows are faded, but when driving the airflow reach almost the entire surface of the IC.

But the verdict will be when i will be able to measure the in and out temp.

Kroged

Nice project! Do you have any pics of the car with the gutmann alloys? I love them! Got a set myself. Not the deep dish though :/

Jamal
Nice project! Do you have any pics of the car with the gutmann alloys? I love them! Got a set myself. Not the deep dish though :/

Hi

just wait a few days, and I will post some pics. I wanted to swap for the summer tyres, but at the moment it's snowing :rolleyes:

Jamal

I was away because I built a Euro 1.3 Rallye.

So here are a few updates:

The engine has got 2500 km's now.

It has got some minor problems, always something to do :rolleyes:

Now I can say I totally solved the rev counter saga.

I built in a counter from a BX(Magnetti Marelli 14TRE maybe, it has got twin coil pack/wasted spark). It work perfectly, not cheating.

Changed almost the whole front suspension:

post-13402-1268339603_thumb.jpg

post-13402-1268339612_thumb.jpg

post-13402-1268339624_thumb.jpg

post-13402-1268339633_thumb.jpg

Jamal

And started the next project(one of the next :rolleyes: )

post-13402-1268339840_thumb.jpg

post-13402-1268339846_thumb.jpg

A four channel ABS5 from a 99 306. The ABS front hubs are on, just have to find a 306 ABS with disc brakes at the rear.

cybernck

That's rather interesting! :)

Jamal
That's rather interesting! :unsure:

Yeah as You say.

Just have to play with the driveshafts to adapt the cog wheel of the ABS.

But I have got a few solutions :blush:

RossD

Won't the calibration of the 306 ABS ECU unit be all wrong for the 205?

Edited by RossD

Tom Fenton

It will be interesting to hear how it goes on, this is something I've considered doing myself a few times.

Jamal
Won't the calibration of the 306 ABS ECU unit be all wrong for the 205?

I don't think so because it's just an ABS unit, not ESP or something else. So just listening to the tyre slip and does his job.

Maybe I will install the late 205's load dependant brake pressure regulator, because it's similar to the 306's, or will use the 306's one.

But when it will come alive this question will be answered :lol:

Edited by Jamal

RossD

The Bosch 5.3 ABS units on the 306 had electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) as well...

The ABS ECU will be calibrated to allow certain amounts of slip on each wheel and to apply the brakes at differering amounts to the wheels not slipping (The EBD part). This will be calibrated to the car by the manufacturer at the design stage.

This ABS unit also controls the front\rear proportioning of the braking, so no need for external valves, again if it's calibrated for another car you may get to much braking on the rear of a 205, causing anti-lock activation just when you dont want it.

It will be interesting to see if it works well, keep us updated. (Hopefully it will work and then we'll all be doing it :lol: )

Edited by RossD

welshpug

maybe the ABS from a saxo or a 106 would be more suitable if that's the case, the actual installation would be the same and pretty straightforward as the ABS wiring is self contained, all it needs is a permanent and switched live.

Jamal
This ABS unit also controls the front\rear proportioning of the braking, so no need for external valves, again if it's calibrated for another car you may get to much braking on the rear of a 205, causing anti-lock activation just when you dont want it.

The 306(the ABS came form) has got external valves on the rear axle. It hasn't got EBD. It's only ABS 5.0

In 1993 Bosch developers built the generation 5.0 with new magnetic valves. It was followed by the 5.3 and 5.7 versions. Additional functions were added, e.g. electronic brake force metering which replaced the mechanical brake force proportioning valve on the rear axle.

Manufacturing of the ABS 5.0 begins.

ABS 5.3 from Bosch starts mass production (with connected control device in micro-hybrid construction); serial manufacturing of the Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) starts.

Bosch begins manufacturing the ABS 5.7.

The 5.3 and so on has appeared in the later Pugs.

RossD

Ok, fair enough, it's just my old 306 was a 1999 HDi model which had 5.3, which is why I thought this one was.

It certainly makes it more likely to work as it came from one with the rear proportioning valves, go for it :wub:

Jamal
Ok, fair enough, it's just my old 306 was a 1999 HDi model which had 5.3, which is why I thought this one was.

It certainly makes it more likely to work as it came from one with the rear proportioning valves, go for it :wub:

Interesting :P

My mate(306 electric guru) said, he hasn't met any 306 with EBD till now.

The donor was 1999 too, but just Diesel not HDi.

Apart from this project I have got an almost full air condition to build in, and thinking to use E85 for fuel.

Have you got E85 in the UK?

We suffering from the high petrol costs. And its a cheap option to reduce the costs. Its almost 100HUF/litre cheaper than petrol, and the system that modifies the injection costs 36k HUF. So if You have got a hungry car, and use it a lot it would be a good choice.

My friend has got this engine in a 306, He using a mixture of 50%E85 and 50%petrol without any modification.

Edited by Jamal

RossD
Interesting :)

My mate(306 electric guru) said, he hasn't met any 306 with EBD till now.

The donor was 1999 too, but just Diesel not HDi.

Yep, I've just checked Servicebox - it seems there were two types of this ABS running at the same time. The cars with rear compensators didn't have EBD and the ones without rear compensators which did have EBD!

th_306ABS.jpg

This confirms then that the ABS unit you have is probably the best one to retro-fit into a 205.

Jamal
Yep, I've just checked Servicebox - it seems there were two types of this ABS running at the same time. The cars with rear compensators didn't have EBD and the ones without rear compensators which did have EBD!

th_306ABS.jpg

This confirms then that the ABS unit you have is probably the best one to retro-fit into a 205.

Maybe it was a special feature, not a standard equipment.

Hopefully I will get another complete set from an S16(GTi6)

Jamal

A few updates:

Just repaired the last electrical problems.

TPS, VSS and ECU water temp gauge.

TPS was sending higher voltage than 0,4V at idle.

VSS and the ECU's gauge was misconnected(thanks to AutoData)

Now I have got normal idle, and coldstart. the boost is ok now, my overboost is 0,96 bar, thats great I like it :)

And I'm able to read out the error codes using the MIL lamp on the dash.

The next things will be the water to air cooler, 4 channel ABS, 32mm rear brakes and AirCon.

The first pieces of the aircon are in the car now. It was built in during the method of sound deadening.

Gallery:

http://hangszigeteles.jamalboy.fotoalbum.hu/

Jamal

Hi Everybody, I'm back :D

I had to stop building my car because a little financial problem, but getting better now.

There are a few changes and upgrades.

I cancelled the aircon project--->lack of free space under the hood(already sold the T16 water to air IC)

At Christmas morning my car just started to produce blue smoke... Fortunately the only problem was the freezed crankcase valve. That was a really good Xmas present for me ^_^

The real present was a set of EuroRallye seat belt, I think it looks great

post-13402-0-39461600-1301986827_thumb.jpg

In january I started the suspension upgrade to prepare my car for the 306 ABS. Refurbed the rear hubs, the Xsara(32mm) rear calipers, trailing arms and the 205 front ABS hubs. Almost everthing has been powdercoated.

post-13402-0-67231100-1301986839_thumb.jpg

post-13402-0-32945100-1301986852_thumb.jpg

post-13402-0-59947300-1301987080_thumb.jpg