• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

[car_upgrade] Black Supercharged 205 Gti 5

Rolando

i know some of you will moan, why haven't i painted it properly and made it pretty but tbh, once its all in you don't see an awful lot of the engine.

i manage to fit the engine and gearbox and the driveshafts yesterday and then today i manage to put the car back in my garage so hopefully next weekend i'll be able to make a good start on finishing it :)

johniban

i have just fitted an engine in my rallye and haven't painted it, i really didnt see the point as i wouldnt want to get it dirty, and i will be using the car all the time.

credowan

I've always liked this car lovely looks and bet it goes like a stabbed rat...

Is this one of the 1st highboost 205s ?

Gary

• Like 1

Gman

Are you running power steering?

• Like 1

Rolando

no not running power steering although i have thought about it and do want it. I've got a saxo power steering pump to go on but i'm not 100% sure how id wire it up plus i wouldn't know where to start with the piping as one would have to be a high pressure pipe and i know if i go to a local hose company they'll get assy and want to know what the exact pressure is blah blah blah.

i'm not sure if anyone else has done a hight boost 205 gary. tbh low boost was stupid fast. especially in a stripped out 205 lol

bazil_205gti

loving the project mate been following it for a while glad to see some updates, im now running high boost in my 205 dimma but only making 315bhp due to pipe restriction and intercooler size,i wasnt making the capable boost from the charger. but in all honesty it flies!! lol ive also fitted a electric powersteering set up off a corsa b which i built myself.

have a look at my thread on here if you like, might give you a few idea :)

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=130611

looking forward to seeing more updates and some power figures :)

bazil_205gti

i found mine was running a bit hot when i first built it i had the same rad as you in the same position but the intercooler infront i have now used the same rad but lowered it to almost the bottom of the valance and managed to fit my intercooler above so it all now sits behind the grill and never gets hot i have 2 slimeline fans on the back of the rad which pull the temp down very quick when sitting in traffic ive sat in traffic for over an hour once on the way to pugfest and had no problems :) ive also titanium wrapped the exhaust manifold which also has made a huge difference to how long it takes before the heat builds up and the fans quick in while sitting in traffic.

Rolando

yeh mine use to run hot when sat in traffic but was fine on the go. planning on fitting 2 8"fans when i get to that part. for some reason i don't like the idea of the lowering the rad but i'll consider everything once its up and running. don't fancy cooking a £2000 engine if i can help it.

what power did yours make at low boost? i'll have a look at your thread now to see the power steering set up.

bazil_205gti

at low boost mine was making 244bhp but it isnt the standard gti6 engine as i have the s16 head on mine also i have moved the throttle bodie which is bored, to the plenum and put a dump valve behind it. this way the charger isnt sucking aginst a dead end when then throttle is shut its free flowing.

if your ever in the area let me know i wouldnt mind showing you and taking you out give you an idea what yours will pull like lol :)

johniban

i think the saxo pumps have the 12v and earth then its switched on via the alternator im sure

timoth123

Great project mate. Not a huge fan of after market wheels, but the SL look pretty good.

Rolando

so at the weekend i finally pulled my finger out and got a bit done to this. just started off thinking i'll do this little bit and then a little bit more before i thought i can get this started tonight if i really go for it. so at 9pm i finally bled the water, fitted a charged battery and started her up. i could not help myself but punch the air!haha

to my surprise it started on the button! its a bit tappy but i'm putting that down to it being a brand new engine and the followers needing to fill up with oil.

all thats left to do is fill the gearbox with oil, change both track rod ends and connect the steering back up as i removed the old PAS rack and fitted the original one. fit the front bumper and wheels then i can take it for a test drive! oh and sort the rev counter out. so probably a couple of hours at the weekend :)

heres a couple of pics. nothing too fancy but you get the idea.

fb4ca844-a9a8-4591-9b2a-ff043d08d9ea_zps

d27a6432-1eb3-48ed-9749-75c4e38c0752_zps

2052NV

what are the two inline "canisters" that lead to the supercharger from the oil cooler?

I assume one is a pre filter but they are pretty massive!

aldworth33

Looks like a dry sump kit to me?

Malc

Large one is the oil reservoir and the small one is the filter for the charger