• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bazil_205gti

[car_upgrade] 205 Dimma

bazil_205gti

so the engine came back to me friday, wasnt very pleased with the way it was sent, was layed on its front with all the weight on the thermostat outlet which turned out to be smashed as a result, was sent with almost no covering just a little cling film around it nice way to treat a 3500 grand engine,well 4200 now i had paid for the investigation work, the dip stick was also missing.

but despite that was glad to have the engine back, so started work on it straight away by the time sat night had come eveything was back in and finished looks amazing, first thing i did was filled with coolent checked the next morning all seems well so is all filled with oil and ready to go :)

will get some pics up soon as i get a chance

bazil_205gti

Miles

Good stuff, When up and running can you let me know about the nosie levels please, I;ve got someone after a system for a 306 with the low boost set up

feb

The car looks awesome, I bet it goes like hell too! :wub:

A black I/C and piping would finish off the front nicely IMHO.

Edited by feb

bazil_205gti

yea no problem miles will probably be another month till i have the money to get mapped and running but will let you know soon as mate :)

Good stuff, When up and running can you let me know about the nosie levels please, I;ve got someone after a system for a 306 with the low boost set up

BusEngineer

The car looks awesome, I bet it goes like hell too! :wub:

I agree, a touch more stealthy

Very very nice, fantastic workmanship :)

Liquid_106

I agree. Strange, but it had black I/C pipe work in earlier pics (while in the garage), looks much better :ph34r:

:wub: the engine bay pics, quality install that looks like a lot of thought has gone into where everything should be routed/placed.

marksorrento205

Its the red stripe and early lights that does it for me :) I always fancied a dimma and seeing yours is how I would want one. One perfect car and a real credit to you matey!!

rallyeash

looks very nice, is it me or does the front end look wonky in the latest front end pics?

bazil_205gti

Thanks for the comments has had alot of thought and work gone into it, its hard not to get too carried away with things but im pleased with the way it has turned out and makes all that hard work worth it hearing your comments :)

I changed the alloy pipes as the others were welded bends and didnt look right and were just painted, so i bought some fabricated bends which im looking at getting anadized black your all be pleased to know :) im not sure what to do about the i/c tho can that be anadized bit worried that if its black it gonna affect the cooling? what you think?

would anyone be able to photoshop it black for me :rolleyes: so i could see what it looks like as theres no goiong back after its done.

bazil_205gti

the drive way to my garrage is on a tilt to the right could be that, but think the grill is also a little wonky lol

looks very nice, is it me or does the front end look wonky in the latest front end pics?

bazil_205gti

:rolleyes:

Edited by bazil_205gti

bazil_205gti

A little update

i got the engine started about a month ago, was pleased to here that everything was running as it should :) it was taken to my mates at SBD and a base map put in and the mixture set up so i could get the engine to temp and take for a lil drive to start running in. a few little issues but nothing major, until i got home. :(

I had noticed coolent around where the head meets the block looks like i was right about there being something wrong and i wasnt just imagining coolent in the sump looks like the head gasket! :angry:

could it get any worse, well actually yes it could i also noticed the sump was leaking, and was leaking from fractures around the bolts my opinion maybe they were done up to tight,

i got in touch with the company who built it, again! and they have suggested a head stud kit which they will supply which im currently waiting for 2-3 weeks till i should recieve them, lets hope that works. as for the sump i was told youve had the engine for a year now how do we know you havent dropped it! but they have offered to repair it. but i thought about it and decided id rather get a replacement, that they refused to pay for. from the photo you can clearly see red gasket sealent under the black sealent they had put on and in the crack so obviously this was like it when the sump was fitted.

managed to source another gti6 sump from Miles (thanks Miles) which i gave a good clean and spray up all fitted no leaks :D

just waiting on the head stud kit now,

glad to say tho does run really nice and sounds awsume will get some vids as soon as its all up and running right have decided the the pipes and intercooler are going black for a more stealthy look :ph34r: as suggested by others :D

any idaes on which paint to use?

welshpug

shouldnt need the stud kit unless youre running more than 400, just the head bolts from Rich will suffice.

have you done a compression test?

Spiky

bit of bad luck there :(

really interested to hear how loud the exhaust is :)

205_sunderland

Brilliant looking car bud its like people have said a real example of a dimma, shame about the company who did the engine though sounds like theyve been poor and a shame you cant warn people about them (the threat of law suits is fcuking absolute rubbish as the costs gained by the company to do so would bankrupt them just as much as there shoddy work would), heads would of been rolling if it was my car for what they have done to you.

I wouldnt fit a cage too it as it looks as close as the average joe will ever get to a road going t16 so it would suit the standard look very well, maybe a ph1 steering wheel would suit it well too :)

Edited by 205_sunderland
  • Like 3

bazil_205gti

After a few thoughts ive decided to lower the rad, with the rad being behind the bumper and intercooler it just wasnt getting enough cooling, so have dropped the rad by about 6inch and will mesh the front,also lowering it has created plenty of space for the intercooler to go above. Although im not sure how well this will work being behind the grill. But will mean that it will look like a standard dimma from the front which i think will look alot neater :) will upload some photos this afternoon.

TT205

So do you have a working engine??

What was the fix?

bazil_205gti

not as of yet still waiting for the head studs to turn up, should give me a lil more clamping pressure, given i still dont think this will sort out the problem but befor i take all the head off i want to give it a go, then ive got richard walkers headgasket set at the ready if all fails :)

Zara

looks awesome!!! i cant wait to see mine now with nice new paint!!! :D Shineeeeeeeeeeeeey :P

bazil_205gti

Right about time for an update, i finally got the company to take back the crap they built me in the first place and start all over,after removing the head myself i found that on the deisel block they had put with the mi16 head was not compatable as it had a water way on head which wasnt on the block and was right next to the oil return on the left side of the engine. resulting in the head gasket not sealing as they were probably half a mil apart.

how they never saw this when they built it and when i sent it back to them the first time i had coolent in the sump i do not know, i will upload the photos of the problem when i get chance so you can all see the shoddy work from this company.

so after 2 years of trying to sort this out they agreed to take the engine back and supply me with a new one. i think after showing them the photos of the problem they realised that it wouldnt look good if i put a name to them. so i now i have a new block which is a gti6 block which is compatible with my head as has the water way,the block is rebored to 86.5mm for the low compression forged pistons, i have also uprated the rods for forged parts so i can now look at running the high boost kit. :)

have run in the engine and now just looking to get mapped, here are a few photos of how she looks now,

post-15003-0-40689300-1338723114_thumb.jpg

post-15003-0-62884900-1338723728_thumb.jpg

post-15003-0-11425500-1338723732_thumb.jpg

post-15003-0-91084200-1338723726_thumb.jpg

I ended up lowering the rad as wasnt cooling very well befor due to it sitting behind the itercooler and the bumper, doing this i have managed to fit the itercooler above behind the grill this looks alot better but if im going to run the high boost kit looks like il have to re configure to fit a larger intercooler.

at the moment i have only got a base map set up, with a ristrictor but is bloody quick :) lol

driving it make all the hassle i have had over the past 2 years worth while. i just hope the problems are over now and i can start enjoying her.

Would appreciate some feedback :)

Am currently reconditioning the rear beam and raising slightly as have had trouble with the tyres rubbing.

also yesterday scrubbed the carpet and interia for 3 hours! lol came up amazingly well, also managed to source a phase 1 stereo and fitted so all back to original will get up some more pics soon.

• Like 2

calvinhorse

Absolutly stunning car! Bloody lovely!

DaveW

Such a nice car :)

kyepan

Wow, just wow.

bazil_205gti

post-15003-0-86829900-1338796100_thumb.jpg

thanks guys a few more pics :)

post-15003-0-24305800-1338796142_thumb.jpg

post-15003-0-06404100-1338796224_thumb.jpg