• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

Zara

I thought it might be an idea to do a progress thread on my lil Kevvy! :wub:

She went away last week to be stripped ready for paint! this week she rolled on down to the bodyshop! (i cant believe how light a dimma is to push without no engine LOL)

Anyways as my painter isnt quite ready yet she will sit for a couple of weeks whilst he orders paint etc and i have to go get my wheels to split them :(

So...we are going for full engine rebuild and painting. Full respray....colour change or not is a secret. and basically just trying to get more show car again rather than shed!

here is a few pics of my current progress....and the state of my engine :blink::unsure::huh: (sorry im still a smiley whore after 6 years lol)

330.jpg

329.jpg

351.jpg

008.jpg

008-1.jpg

010.jpg

380740_3597691263713_1316455263_3544847_1819198920_a.jpg

542998_3597832107234_1316455263_3544879_1649544435_n.jpg

anyways there you have it a few pics to get started! :D

sensualt101

wow! time and the elements really hadnt been kind to that paint! the laquer peel is even worse than peugeots original paintwork lol! :D

what are you doing with the engine? keeping it as is but rebuilt or replacing?

Zara

it is a 17 year old respray lol. but then engine is staying standard. after all the stress that is put on that kit....im not going for extra power! :D

sensualt101

i dont blame you and am glad you are staying in period with a rebuilt 8 valve :)

and you definitely need to upgrade those old number plates! lol!

Zara

i know! lol. they have been like it since the day i bought her 5 years ago. hahaha. i want some metal ones :D:wub:

allye

colour change or not is a secret.

Thats a massive yes then! Love a good dimma, is it genuine?

Zara

tbh mate i dont know anymore, ive been trying to find out for 5 years. people have told me it is then people have told me its not. :unsure: then i met they guy who painted her pink he said he got it taken to him as a rolling shell with the plaque in the boot and full leather dimma seats! and this guy told me this without me saying anything.

someone mentioned to me before this that it is genuine and one of the previous owners got into money troubles selling the plaque and seats when they were worth alot. :huh:

i just dont know lol and ive gave up trying to find out.....still dont change the fact she is MY dimma :D :D :D

allye

Only pink car on the forum and it belongs to one of the only girls! Haha, have you got any pictures of your 309? sounds nice!

Daviewonder

Mate, I don't want to alarm you but I think I just saw Chris Moyles snooping around your 205.

:D

• Like 4

Zara

Haha is that a good or bad thing? Lol erm i do have some pics. Add me on fcebook if you want or if you are on pscuk there is a for sale thread but i can add a few on here if people would like? :)

Mate, I don't want to alarm you but I think I just saw Chris Moyles snooping around your 205.

:huh:

allye

Yer chuck some photos of the 309 up here! We all love photos....

Leet205

Looking forward to more updates!

Zara

Yer chuck some photos of the 309 up here! We all love photos....

I'll have to do it when i get home. Cant do it from my phone :( lol

Looking forward to more updates!

Thank you dont think there will anythin for a couple of weeks tho depends on how lazy iam haha

springs

i don't know if ST performance would be able to assist in identifying if its an original or not. not sure if they could find out from the reg. might be worth asking as they are the uk dealer for dimma

Alastairh

Hahaha. Zara, make sure you pass that onto Mike!

I cant believe how bad the roof has got, i don't recall it being bad the last time i saw the car.

AlexRS2782

Will keep an eye on this thread as it's always nice to see a good Dimma kitted Pug B)

Zara

Hahaha. Zara, make sure you pass that onto Mike!

I cant believe how bad the roof has got, i don't recall it being bad the last time i saw the car.

i know the roof isnt the worst part though. last year when i cleaned it before i put a cover over her the bonnet paint was all over my sponge! :blink:

but thanks everyone! :D

bazil_205gti

Have seen this befor i bought some white 1.9 alloys off you a few years ago for my old black gti :) ive become a dimma lover too haha after seeing urs funny enough and bought one too :) great to see you restoring it look forward to seeing more progress my dimma projects on here too have a look. :Dhttp://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=130611

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

It looks in reasonable nick rust wise Zara. Full under bonnet paint too?

Mike "Moyles" Parker! :D

Zara

Have seen this befor i bought some white 1.9 alloys off you a few years ago for my old black gti :) ive become a dimma lover too haha after seeing urs funny enough and bought one too :) great to see you restoring it look forward to seeing more progress my dimma projects on here too have a look. :Dhttp://forum.205gtid...howtopic=130611

yeah i remember! met you at some services somewhere didnt i? hahaha :D will have to have a look at your thread too :D glad you got one though :P

It looks in reasonable nick rust wise Zara. Full under bonnet paint too?

Mike "Moyles" Parker! :D

Thank you Henry :D Full under bonnet paint yes :P and engine paint! Bought my new seats off your brother this morning :D

Ahhhhh i get it now. will have to let him know lol,

Edited by Zara

Zara

well its official! my car is not a genuine dimma! :( now im sorta left thinking is it worth carrying on!?!

and also part of me is wishing i stopped listening to other people on what to do! i was quiet happy before this! suppose i can be grateful for whoever dont this at least used the genuine kit! Watch out for a for sale thread! :lol: hey ho money is already spent aint it! :( :( :( :(

steve@cornwall

As you've said...It's YOUR Dimma....who gives a flying one who put it together as long as it's done right ?...... finish it and love it!!!!!

• Like 1

Leet205

How do you know its not genuine? pics?

• Like 1

Liquid_106

well its official! my car is not a genuine dimma!

So? :blink:

If it's got wings and quacks, it's a duck! :D

Get it finished and enjoy it! :P

• Like 1

eddie bullit

As said really..so what if you can't trace Kevvy's routes back to the factory. He will be just as special if done to a high quality finish. What difference is a little metal plaque going to make anyway. He won't handle any better, go any faster, look any better. All that stuffs down to your attention to detail.

You'll get out of him what you put in..

Words of wisdom over :lol:

Edd

• Like 2