• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

Zara

hahaha thanks guys and i know this because simon at ST performance has been in contact with belgium to find out for me :) sorry for my sorta feel sorry for myself post! was just a bit disheartening reading that when ive been reading about so many people getting theirs confirmed! and my hopes were built up when i was told i have the correct kit in the correct substance on :)

But yes as you all say it will be worth it and your right its still MY dimma and im not planning on selling so yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D :D and at least i cant be critisized (sp) for ruining a genuine example! hahaha :P

btw edd.....kevvy is a girl ;):huh::unsure:

thanks guys :D :D :D :D

Edited by Zara
  • Like 1

james_pug

what info did you have to send them then? i didnt think they kept any record when they were built?

Zara

i had to send vin/current and previous reg. colour, and date of registration and pics. although its taken some people about 3 months to find this info out....ive found out in 2 days its not! :huh:

anyways here is a couple more pics i have had sent to me tonight!

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

012.jpg

needless to say im very lucky i dont have to do this myself....and ive got someone amazing to do all this work for me! :) i went to the bodyshop yesterday and work starts week after next :D

Ive also got some bits and pieces in the post winging their way to me :D and i have my new goodwood leathers that i picked up yesterday from Mike Yorke :D

Please note that even when this car appears back out in June she will still be far from finished! I will still have things like hoses and stuff to replace! but some things are going to have to be done month by month after all this is done! My main priority is getting back into a good condition and back on the road! All the finishing touches with the pretty stuff will happen in time :D

lewis205cti

Hey. Don't worry if it's a proper Dimma or not. It does and still will look awesome when finished. And unless you pop the bonnet who will ever know. Plus it is still a proper kit not a cheap version. ;) can't wait to see it finished

• Like 1

Zara

thanks everyone for your very kind comments once again!

Here is a few more pics that i got today! Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited now! cant believe i have to wait another 2 months still! I want it all back NOW! :lol:

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Pics 1 and 2 are the same but with the rocker gasket on in the 2nd :)

I received my new clutch today and some other goodies!

Check em out :D :D :D :D :D :D

006.jpg

Shiney shiney! :blush::wub:

• Like 1

DaveW

Paint it bright red

Zara

so more new presents arrived today! lets hope i get even more tomorrow! :lol:

001.jpg

mechanicalrepairs

Bizarre this was my uncles car about 15 years ago, I lived in Broughton Astley at the time, made me buy a 205.

Carl

Batfink

the kits were available separately were they not? Whether its made in the factory or not should not make any difference unless you want to sell it.

If the kit has been fitted well then all good.

Zara

Bizarre this was my uncles car about 15 years ago, I lived in Broughton Astley at the time, made me buy a 205.

Carl

what was his name? Where did he live? :)

mechanicalrepairs

Martin hope, lived just off uppingham road in Leicester. Sure I have seen this car opposite the coop in Broughton Astley?

Carl

Zara

So he did :) i have the invoice from the day he bought it in 97. And yes you will have seen it opposite the coop in broughton :)

mechanicalrepairs

So he did :) i have the invoice from the day he bought it in 97. And yes you will have seen it opposite the coop in broughton :)

Small world lol

Carl

Henry Yorke

When I spoke to Terry Pankhurst a few years back, he said they had no record of the "factory" built cars, so I am not 100% sure how these are being validated by Belgium. Some cars went from Dimma to Turbo Technics and vice versa. Some cars were done from new and some were done by the factory onto older cars.

At least it is a genuine kit though :) Having seen some of the "engineering" on the 309 Mix4 Dimma, then you may have had a lucky escape!

• Like 1

Zara

thanks everyone! anyways a new update! I have now purchased everything i need apart from some brakes! :D the engine will be completely finished ready to go back in by the end of tomorrow :D Mr Parker has quite frankly been a saint! :)

have a few pics!

398298_3724166105505_1316455263_3606337_1240710902_n.jpg

545991_3724166745521_1316455263_3606338_80121319_n.jpg

and the gearbox i spent 4 hours on and did nothing but moan about having to clean it.... :blush::lol:

557625_3724168225558_1316455263_3606339_1174563751_n.jpg

4 hours it took me to get it to this state....Mike spent another 3 on it getting it ready for paint! it is now all painted and ready to go back on! :D why i couldnt just buy a new gearbox is beyond me but i wasnt allowed :unsure:

Im still after quite alot of bits for this so please check on my thread in wanted as rather than creating seperate threads i will just keep updating that one :) all help is greatly appreciated!

im going to be ordering a nice set of BBM hoses in the next couple of weeks once payday arrives! I must be the only person who gets paid and is then skint in the time it takes me to fill up! :lol:

All comments welcome. Hope you all like :)

cybernck

Don't forget to use the forum discount then :).

Zara

Don't forget to use the forum discount then :).

Already done :D

timmsy19

As mentioned before, love he way this is progressing Zara, will be ace when its done im sure :)

Zara

Right so ive been down at the bodyshop today to swap my wheels over and also clean up my subframe....but i thought i would give my painter a helping hand and clean the engine bay a little too :) i also had some help from the other half too :D

so first of all my now fully completed apart from some new pipes engine! :)

001-1.jpg

then onto my wheels that anthony kindly sold me yesterday! they are a bit thin though :lol: i think if they were wider they would actually suit the car quite well?

004.jpg

then my subfram/bay clean up :) i was very impressed with the gunk i bought, it made the job alot easier and alot less time consuming! only 3 hours all in all! and 2 rolls of kitchen towel :lol:

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Not my personal taste in wheels, but that's the beauty in modifications... It's all your choice!!

Impressed with the clean up!! Done some good work there!!

So, for the width you're after... Do you go spacers (don't you dare!!) or do you go 309 gear??? (YES!!!)

Zara

:P the wheels are only to roll around on at the bodyshop whilst my splits are refurbed :P :P hahaha :) i will probably clean them up as poss keep them as spares or sell them later on :D

but thank you, im unsure whether to get a can of brush on hammerite and give it a quick paint before tim starts or not. i dont get paid til next thursday and have already borrowed £200 to get the last bits for the engine so it would mean more borrowing. but then would look better. but i suppose if its brush on hammerite i can do it before the engine goes back in :D

BlueBolt

Nah you want to make sure that the engine bay is colour matched to the rest of the car, so if you really want to hamerite it then do it before spray job!!

Edit::

Glad the wheels aren't a permanent option!!! Sell sell sell!!!!!

Lol :lol:

Edited by BlueBolt

Zara
:huh: now im confused! im on about hammeriting the subframe?? not the engine bay :/ :unsure:

BlueBolt

Clearly me confused not you lol :lol: Soz!!

Anthony

then onto my wheels that anthony kindly sold me yesterday! they are a bit thin though :lol: i think if they were wider they would actually suit the car quite well?

They're actually the same size, width and offset as standard 1.9 wheels! 15 x 6J ET19 IIRC

Clearly absolutely no chance that they'll fill those arches without sizeable spacers, but given they've been sat on my 306 all winter bumbling up and down the M4 every day, so I'm sure they'll manage being wheeled around a bodyshop for a few weeks without too much trouble ;)

I assume that your bodyshop man (or Mike) has had a proper look at that repair on the nearside inner wing to check that it's been done properly and isn't hiding anything nasty?