• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

Zara

haha the wheels are perfect anthony! :D

and what repair? :huh: if you mean the bit where it goes rusty then that is all being looked at and going to be fixed :D im quite fortunate as all of the rusty bits found arent severe! and are saveable :D

mech205eng

that engine is immaculate ;)

erwin_meijer

The engine looking great. Looking forward for any update's of the dimma :).

Zara

Finally getting somewhere with this now :) its being prepped for paint at the moment and all the bodywork/welding that needed to be done is done! Im sooooooo impressed with my lil girl though as she only needed to 2 common bits under the bonnet doing and a lil bit by the fuel pump :) pics to follow shortly

• Like 1

lewis205cti

Looking good so far. The engine bay looks so much better after the clean. Can't wait to see the engine in, and it all resprayed and finished ;) love the Dimma's and those splits are so nice.

dave205

Stunning engine! Whats the name of that gunk you used to clean the engine bay and where did you buy it from?

Zara

Hi yes its just the normal GUNK in the red tin! :D

Anyways ive finally got my internet sorted at the flat so here are some pics as promised.

Here is a couple of the Welding Tim has done and some of the prep.

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

068.jpg

Then going back just before all that Tim asked me one day if i was definately happy with the colour. hahaha BIIIIIIG mistake. :blush::lol:

So down the paint shop we went and 3 hours later and a head mesmerised by thousands of colours we narrowed it down to these 2.

055.jpg

As i was meant to get her back last weds and she is not ready i thought i would pop in today to see how she is doing and share the final colour choice and how she sits at the moment.

124.jpg

123.jpg

122.jpg

I didnt get a photo of it properly but you cant even tell the welding has been done now :D :D

All opinions welcome. Obviously i understand some people will not like the colour and that is fine but please appreciate the hard work that has gone into this so far.

• Like 1

barry d

i like the colour ,its different.paint job looks class.

BlueBolt

I like it!! Not my personal choice for colour, but none the less I still like it!!

sensualt101

i thinks the progress looks amazing! and i like the colour too! is gonna look amazing and very classy when finished zara!

i will keep watching out for more progress :)

Zara

thanks everyone :D i have finally pulled my finger out my arse and started polishing my wheels today although that soon came to a halt. i need more buffing pads lol. :blush:

got a few pics and will post tomoz. the one i have is not totally finished but i was just soooooo impressed with the outcome after half hour. :D

im starting to get really excited now.

bunji

Ya car is looking "bleddy ansum" as they say down here!

I have a question..... "Will it be ready and attending Pugfest?"

:)

Zara
:lol: thanks bunji! But no it wont be ready and no i wont be at pugfest. :( first show will be trax :))

bunji

Ah well.

I won't be at Trax, the next show after Pugfest for me will be Summer Performance Car thingy at Combe in September.

Keep posting the updates and photos.

Hopefully see ya car sometime in the future.

:)

• Like 1

Zara

the car will be finished at the body shop this weekend. so just need the 309 sold so i can get it back and then i need to finish my wheels and get the throttle body bits and then i can have the 205 back!

got my sunroof bits last week. some more wheel polishing kits. cant believe its almost there!

mochyndu

Looking good I reckon and the colour suits too......keep up the good work :)

Zara

Thank you :) more pics to follow tomorrow :) my wheels are finally with Bim and collecting them next week! I have to say a massive thank you to my mum and dad though as without out them this whole thing would be completed halted :( i seriously cannot thank them enough! Ive been a bit of a leech since i moved out :( lol

Zara

Taaa Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D :D :D :D

040.jpg

check out the colour in the sunshine :wub: :wub:

043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

BlueBolt

Missed a bit!!

:ph34r: :ph34r:

lmao

Looks GOOD!!!

Like it a lot!! You happy with the outcome?? I have a feeling it will look a lot better in the flesh too...!!

Zara

haha missed a few bits :P

and thank you yeah im speechless over it really. I just cannot believe the difference. gonna take a while to get used to owning an orange car instead of a pink one but its all worth it. The paintwork feels like glass.... its just wow! comes out next thursday. :D :D :D :D

In the flesh its totally different....its just impossible for me to capture how the colour sits properly.

BlueBolt

Get someone with a good camera!!

And get the right sunlight and you'll get there!!

I bet you walk straight past it a few times when you go to get in forgetting the colour change!!

Zara

yeah i probably will. :lol: ill walk round the car park like now how hard can it be to find a pink car! lmfao!

lewis205cti

The paintwork looks awsome. I like the colour too. Dimma's can always pull off a diffrent colour. Cant wait to see it with the polished wheels back on.

• Like 1

jonXS

that paintwork looks awesome. cant wait to see the finished product.

keep it up