• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

Guest Spitfire2k6

I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of dimmas, but the effort and detailing that went into this is awesome to see.

Beautiful engine (wouldn't mind hearing it run btw!), and fantastic colour choice.

The stand out feature has to be those rims though, they got my mouth truly watering haha!

Any more pics seeing as it's been 6 months? :P

• Like 1

lewis205cti

Cant wat to see this finighed :)

• Like 1

Zara

I will get some up tomorrow. Lewis she is far from finished. Looks tatty on the inside. No sunroof handle either hahaha. Im gutted.... So i request that on sunday before people rip the car to shreds on the tatty/missing bits they remember she is not finished by a long way! Ive just ran out of money :( but i know that people arent like that aswell :) :)

Juttie205

I belive no one will rip this car to bits its stunning you have chosen to get the car to a stage that you can use it little jobs can allways be done at a later date. I plan to have mine completly finished before i put it on the road but thats just me being strict with myself. Your car is stunning you should be proud.

Zara

I know i disnt really word that right. I know people arent like that. Ive known some on here for years and i know some have always disliked my wordings and attitude on here aswell. But that is a misconception sometimes! I can be like i come across but generally im not! I meant to say that i would appreciate that people understand that even after a year the car is not finished before they pass judgement. Ive got torn seats (seams need restitching) no sunroof handle, no heater, dodgy wipers, wonky indicators, the car is still not setup correctly and ive got clips missing in the engine bay which is not helping. I keep asking for these but noone seems to want to part with them and its not something i can buy new i believe. But yeah all in all there is still a long way to go. I just want people to look at her from what she was to where she is now and to see where she will eventually be :)

GLPoomobile

There's always going to be people who don't know you or the car who will judge it face value (I'm as bad as anyone else for that). If people's perception of the car as it currently stands worries you, then a nice simple solution is to just place a board on the windscreen saying "Work in progress" or similar. That way people know straight away that it's still an ongoing project and can appreciate it for the standard it's in now, rather than jumping to the conclusion that it's a finished project and judging it as such.

• Like 1

Anthony

Zara, seriously - have you seen the 205GTiDrivers stand at Pugfest?

Half the cars on it are typically in various states of (non) functionality and (dis) assembly, and typically no one bats an eyelid about it - they're out there being used and enjoyed, which in my eyes, is far more worthy of recognition and respect than those gathering dust and slowly rusting away propped up on axles stands part way through a half-baked project that will likely never get finished.

It's not like you're putting the car in the Concours competition, is it?

The vast majority of people are not going to "rip the car to bits" and instead will respect and admire the work and effort you've put in. Yes, there will be some that will try to poke holes in a distinctly unconstructive manner, but just ignore them - it's your car, and if you're proud of it, then that's arguably all that matters. Do as Steve says above if you so wish, perhaps with a few select pictures through the build highlighting the work done so far - the shell strip, the respray, the engine build etc

PS. Put a pre-Pugfest wanted thread up for the parts you're missing and I'm sure you'll get offers for at least some of them, especially if people can just bring them on the day rather than having to faff around posting bits (which puts some people off) :)

ALEX

:wub: Dimmas!

Still say the wheels would b better black tho :ph34r:

It'd be like black mascara on a super model. lol

Edited by ALEX
  • Like 1

Guest Spitfire2k6

Damnit Zara I want these pics! lol

Zara

Sorrrrryyyyy will defo put some up today. Got some from pugfest too :)

Zara

ok so here you go especially for spitfire :) sorry they are from pugfest though.

999048_10201564454615995_1214122558_n.jpg

64116_10201564444135733_1626356041_n.jpg

1016151_10201554001514674_1079965887_n.jpg

1001496_10201553997874583_1170942105_n.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Spitfire2k6

Dayum... o.O Sexyyyyyy haha Lined up beside some competition I see :P

stuart

Did you manage to sort out the clips?

td_dan

saw this at the show it was absolutly stunning a real credit to you

Zara

Thank you ever so much! Haha spitfire yes! Couldnt pass up an opportunity like that to park next to koen!

Stuart yes im just about sorted thanks ever so much! You and anthony have been gems!

Thanks very much dan! Appreciate these comments sooooo much! :D

• Like 1

un numero d'or

Cracking motor, good job!!!

kuuner

Don't know about the clips, but she got a relais-box (straight out of the Netherlands) now :) I'm glad that i own my own washerbottle though hahaha (Zara knows what i mean). My car wasn't ready yet too. She couldn't idle properly and lost connection with the kdfi sometimes, didn't have audio or working handsfree-kit. Only a few days before she was mapped by DP-engineering. Still had to work late in the night before departure. Butt in the end, we were there at Pugfest and she brought us home too.

Was nice meeting you Zara. And Kevvv... she is beautifull. She stands proud beside her little dutch sister on our stand. What a great place we had. It was worth the ride. Very nice meeting with loads of interesting cars! We all had a great time. Till next year!

m_john_m

That looks awesome mate :)

Zara

sorry to bump this up after soooooo long.

I thought i would share one final post with you all about my baby! :wub:

Today has been a very sad day for me as after 8 long stressful and fun filled years I finally said Goodbye to Kevvy :( :( I had to sell her due to me having a baby in a few weeks.

The chap that has bought her took her to see Terry Pankhurst of Dimma UK on his way home and she has been confirmed to be a GENUINE DIMMA :o:huh::wub:

Im glad the car has gone far enough away that i wont have to see her being driven by someone else. Sounds like her new owner is pulling out the red carpet treatment for her too. :D

Please can people keep an eye out for her and let me know how she is doing.... she has gone to live in Carlisle. I dont think she will be about much for a few months as he is planning on doing a bit of work to her beforehand.

Im hoping I win the lottery tonight so i can go and buy her back :lol:

Unfortunately though this does mean I will finally after 12 years be leaving the french car scene altogether. I will still stay in touch with people though and remain a member on here if thats ok. Its time for me to go down the new car route.... so tuesday i will be picking up my 2009 58 plate car providing everything goes well.

Its nice to find out though that the money i had spent on her over the years was well worth it.

Goodbye Kevvy I hope you are loved by your new owner as much as i love you :wub:

• Like 1