• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

[car_overhaul] 205 Rallye White

Lowercase

sure his products are great, just need some here not there lol. but oh well even if i get them elsewhere ill still have to wait for the refund to pay for them, so might as well just sit tight and try and use the extra week productively.

Lowercase

oh boy, do i have some photos to post tomorow!

calvinhorse

Now now now!!!!

jonXS

come on now, choppy chop :) :)

Lowercase

lol im not just being a tease, i let my camera at my parents place!

MiniGibbo

What a tease.....

Lowercase

as matt just cant wait any longer...

my mate Amin came over yesterday and we got to work taking out the old 1.4 from the rallye. heres a chunk of pictures of how we got on. it was a good day, very funny as there was some arse end bolts that were rusted on, nothing a grinder and a big hammer cant fix though! lots of blood, coffee and doughnuts!

DSCF2698.jpg

carbs, battery, and expansion tank out.

DSCF2704.jpg

manifold off

DSCF2706.jpg

DSCF2702.jpg

then another mate popped over in his supercharged 6 to help amin fit his new brakes

DSCF2703.jpg

Lowercase

the tool hire shop was closed so we had to drop the engine out the bottom, but, it worked well enough, bloody heavy though! DSCF2709.jpg

empty engine bay!

DSCF2707.jpg

after that was out, we dropped the fuel tank out so it can be swapped for an injection tank.

amazed at how rust free it was under there

DSCF2721.jpg

we called it a day after that.

the new engine: 106 S2 1.6 8v TU :) needs a good clean up and some engine laquer and it will be fit for business.

DSCF2701.jpg

Lowercase

today i finished stripping down the engine bay, bumpers off, radiators etc and getting as much of the loom out the way as i could. plan is to deal with all the surface rust and respray the bay before everything goes back in. i want to take the brake servo off too but not really sure how?

theres one small bit thats making me grimace a bit as i am predicting a hole. i dont really have any welding equipment etc so might have to call a friend here :\

i also decided to start removing the mud flaps as they make the car look tatty, the roll cage is also getting cut out this week if any one wants it, beer money and collect it :)

DSCF2710.jpg

DSCF2712.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2717.jpg

Edited by DaSneakyGit

Lowercase

DSCF2718.jpg

how do i get the battery tray off? ive undone all 4 bolts that i can see but cant get it to budge still?

DSCF2719.jpg

also i cant get this mount free either, trick to it?

DSCF2720.jpg

Lowercase

and this is how i left it today. not done half as much as i wanted to today but rusty bolts and stuff held me up... most the loom is out the way now though, and its mostly ready to start wire wheeling, cleaning, rust treating and priming.

DSCF2723.jpg

DSCF2724.jpg

DSCF2725.jpg

jonXS

nice work there mate, the battery tray if you've undone all the bolts just give it a strong wiggle and it will eventually come off.

The top mount just grab a chisel and hammer, put the chisel on the mount and bash it anti clockwise. I does have a threaded rod at the bottom,

if you have the new one you will see what i mean

Hope you understand what i mean :)

MiniGibbo

Awesome update and one ive been waiting for for a while haha..

going ot be awesome with injection..!

allye

going ot be awesome with injection..!

Seriously now, what is your beef with carbs!?

I'd have a 1360 ali block with a pair of twin 40's in a heart beat.

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

It's simple progression.

More efficient.

More powerful.

Less maintaince.

Lowercase

cheers jon, ill give it a go.

got a mate from work coming over tomorow to weld up a rather large hole in my arch. and then i can finish wire wheeling off the cack and get the bay cleaned up and primed.

a nie 1.3 carbed engine set up to perfection would be great. but right now i just need a car thats reliable and that doesnt make me late for work in the morning and overheat in a town.

Lowercase

had a mate come over after work and weld up the sizeable hole in my arch.

DSCF2727.jpg

DSCF2731.jpg

also spent the best part of four hours attacking rust and cleaning the cack off the gear box. too dark for pictures today though..

and cheers jon, a good karate chop saw that battery tray fall off!

Edited by DaSneakyGit

jonXS

ha ha that's no problem mate, looks to be a nice job your doing there. I could do with gettin some welding done on mine, if i carry on though, the thing'll never get on the road :)

Lowercase

work continues... doing crazy hours on this last few days.. 8.30am - 5.30 pm at work, then straight over to the garage till 10.30.. nackered!

but.. engine bay cleaned up a bit more, not as far along as i wanted to be yet, but im going to do an all nighter on friday to get me in a better position on the weekend.

cant get the top mount to budge which is a right bugger as its going to start holding me up soon, and how can i get the engine loom out the way more? unplug it inside and just take the lot out?

got the brake servo and a chunk of rubbers off though so, can finish wire wheeling all the rust tomorow and get the hydrate 80 to it. would like to have the bay primed friday night and sprayed saturday.

other than that i spent a few hours cleaning up the gearbox.. still needs paint but i dont know if ill manage to get it clean enough for that as theres still sludge in the corners and stuff, so i might have to settle for just a clean box and engine and just get some fresh paint on the rocker cover. i can imagine most my friday all nighter will be spent cleaning the parts up and painting them :)

anyway .. pics:

DSCF2736.jpg

DSCF2737.jpg

DSCF2738.jpg.

Edited by DaSneakyGit

Lowercase

by the way, ill be cutting the half cage out if anyone wants it? beer money, some one might as well get some use from it :)

allye

Looking good mate, takes me back to when I did mine.

-get a decent sized chisel and hammer to the top mount, always works.

-you can remove the loom into the cabin if you dont want to unplug it, although on those it not very complex so you can unplug it and remove it easily enough.

Lowercase

ill give it a go, need them damn wires out the way!

had a go at the top mount with a big flat head screwdriver and hammer but nada... will have a look for a chisel.

new mounts arrived at least so thats something. and my gti6 sold last night so that also free'd up some much needed cash.

all these little things like fluids and stuff soon add up!

Edited by DaSneakyGit

jonXS

by the way, ill be cutting the half cage out if anyone wants it? beer money, some one might as well get some use from it :)

what you looking on for the cage mate?

i could be interested. it is a half cage right??

you got the engine mount off yet mate :P (tip wack it.. hard)

Edited by jonXS

Lowercase

having a night of rest today lol my brains just not taking in information after 3 18 hour days. so will be rested up for my all nighter tomorow :)

new clutch and what have you came today so im 90% there with the parts now.

as for the cage jon, its a half cage yea, hoop over the head, and then a bar from the arch to hoop with a threaded nut for the top seat belt position. should be a picture of it somewhere in this thread. you can still use the rear seats with it too which is nice.

price, i dunno. £30 will do, just get it out my garage lol

jonXS

having a night of rest today lol my brains just not taking in information after 3 18 hour days. so will be rested up for my all nighter tomorow :)

new clutch and what have you came today so im 90% there with the parts now.

as for the cage jon, its a half cage yea, hoop over the head, and then a bar from the arch to hoop with a threaded nut for the top seat belt position. should be a picture of it somewhere in this thread. you can still use the rear seats with it too which is nice.

price, i dunno. £30 will do, just get it out my garage lol

hmmm interesting now i feel inclined to have it now for a price like that i cant really say no.

Just i have nowhere to store it for the moment :wacko:

my cars pretty stripped out anyway, i only have front seats, carpet and dash in there

Edited by jonXS