• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

[Car_Restoration] Miami 2.0 8V Turbo

mowflow

:D​ That is brilliant. Although i do fear you may now be shunned from this forum for killing another 205 shell.

shooter mcgavin

Not at all. This shell was pretty much dead otherwise I'd have saved it

shooter mcgavin

So after a lot of thinking I've decided the turbo lump isn't for me, I worry that once turned its not going to be reliable.

When this car is finished I want to jump in at the weekend and go a blast without taking my tool chest with me.

My mind was made up when my wife said she'd bought me a donor in the form of a clean and sweet running Phase 2 vts.

08D06B42-3A91-4EE7-BF8C-D4D32B337F1F_zps

So over Christmas I got to work and started stripping out everything I need.

My plan was to take the engine and box out the top but soon realised that most of the suspension parts were pretty week stuck so down the it had it be.

8E8A76D2-2C57-4C74-AB1F-82D640C66CD2_zps

795A5C7B-FA19-407A-ADDE-6F7C75E44F07_zps

Next up was to get the engine on the stand and cleaned up. It's running great with no leaks so the plan is to fit it for this summer and dial the rest if the car in then next winter some head work, cams and TB's.

FE34D2D6-5B20-4D95-8A3A-A6AB617E89F6_zps

DB03A316-5C32-4381-B965-D591E2430656_zps

E3BF117F-1D9F-4E82-88B7-797763988640_zps

The last time I done this conversion I used my phase 1 306 as the donor and I was pretty straight forward compared to the phase 2 vts.

So far I've ran into bother with the loom,ecu timing belt kit, top engine mount and I forgot how much a pain in the ass the scroll pin can be changing the gear selector arm.

Gear box soaking in Maxolen clean all

D7FD9CCF-69BF-42FC-B408-A8E27D83D5EB_zps

Gear box is now painted so just the inlet to clean up before I start to fit the phase 2 gti6 loom I picked up.

Still need cut and re angle the exhaust manifold, extended the bottom mount last time around but don't fancy stressing the shafts this time.

I had planned to use the 106 pas set up but will now be using the xsara set up without the AC, managed to source a Rallye aux set up so that still needs fitting.

I've started cleaning up the pas rack, not sure if i need to use the 205 track rods or the xsara rods are the same size. I'll find out soon enough I guess.

205 inner cv joints will need changing for the vts ones, I remember that being a pisser or a job.

I hope to have the engine in and running over the next 4 weeks so updates will be coming thick and fast, paint shop is booked for the 1st week in April. Think I'll need to pull a few night shifts before then.

This all started as a quick clean up.

Emmy Seize

May I borrow your wife for doing the shopping?

All I ever get is doughnuts, not donors.

mowflow

Your bloody lucky, all i ever get off my wife is hassle and bills.