• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigalthenutter

[Car_Restoration] Phase 1.5 Cherry Red 1.6 Gti 205 Full Restoration

bigalthenutter

now the engine bay is finished i have fixed the subframe back on along with the bottom arms. I am putting some old struts on to make it easier to move around the workshop, just waiting on arb bushes and steering rack. I have also added my strut stickers and vin plate whilst the bay is clean and clear. Next job is to paint my battery tray which has come back from blasting post-23364-0-57437200-1371592029_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-93144100-1371592111_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-65260800-1371592164_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-02330800-1371592244_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-63490700-1371592307_thumb.jpg

bigalthenutter

im not sure what to do with the steering what do people think power or manual ?

johniban

id have non power steering, it adds to the joy of owning a 205 :)

• Like 1

bigalthenutter

been away a while ! unforeseen circumstances. but back at it and resuming the build. :)

acox99

The finish looks really nice, is it 2k top coat? How are you curing it, is your garage heated? Nice setup there. And the standard looks top notch.

bigalthenutter

2k high build primer with 2k gloss topcoat mate .thanks yes to be honest pictures do no justice. 2k will dry in accordance with what hardener you use (slow medium or fast) and speeds can be increased even more with "rocket". and yes it is heated.

Daviewonder

Looks lovely. You could eat your dinner off that engine bay, I wouldn't though as you don't want to make it dirty ;)_

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

What did you use to clean up your vin plate?

bigalthenutter

yes shes as clean as a whistle under there I wont want to drive it :wacko: and the vin plate ...I used a brass wheel to remove engrained dirt and g3 on a buffing wheel.

• Like 1