• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mechanicalrepairs

[car_upgrade] Project Miami Blue 205 Gti6

DrSarty

Well done. They're all firing up now, which is great. Gonna bring her to Europe next year?

welshpug
Coming along nicely!

I take it you've got to use the Cat for MOT purposes

purely because of the age of the car (1994 L!!) it would already have had a cat.

mechanicalrepairs
Well done. They're all firing up now, which is great. Gonna bring her to Europe next year?

Whats happening in Eurpoe then? May well do.

A little more happened today, managed to extend the heater matrix pipes a little and got the cooling sytem to hold water (which was nice), ran it up for half an hour and everything looks fine, slowly starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things to finish-

Sort the speedo drive out, find the one that take a cable. (any clues as to what the part number is for the bit i need, think its a dt part)

Solder in the wire for the rev gauge

Fit the solid rear engine mount into the casing

Fit the o/s drive shaft

Build up the front.

Fit the 306 battery box/ecu tray.

A good half a days work if i could get the time to spend on it.

Happy now all the lifters have filled with oil and its stopped tapping (always a slight worry in the back of your mind)

Carl

Alastairh
Sort the speedo drive out, find the one that take a cable. (any clues as to what the part number is for the bit i need, think its a dt part)

Part number i couldn't tell you. But i've seen on the following cars:

Citroen ZX Dt late version with keypad, 306 S16's and XSi's. 306 S16 would be a safe bet to go see Mr parts man for a part number.

Do you have all your gauges working ok?

Al

mechanicalrepairs
Part number i couldn't tell you. But i've seen on the following cars:

Citroen ZX Dt late version with keypad, 306 S16's and XSi's. 306 S16 would be a safe bet to go see Mr parts man for a part number.

Do you have all your gauges working ok?

Al

Seems so. the water temp, oil pressure, oil temp, rev gauge etc all work, just want to get the speedo soted then i am more or less done with the loom side of things.

Thanks for your input, hopefully get this bloody thing done before christmas, starting to get fed up and just want it done now :blush:

mechanicalrepairs

Well its getting quiet at the garage now so i decided to drop back onto the 205, first i had to remove the original gear selector from the top of the gearbox and replace it with one from the 205, you would think that would be easy, knock out the pin lift the old arm off and replace with the new, well i had a nightmare, i used a punch to knock the pin out and got the punch stuck, it literally took me a day on and off whilst working to remove it:angry .

Now have it fitted and have all my gears, filled the box with gear oil, and generally just tidied up the wiring (that's a nightmare in itself).

Took me a while but i fitted the horn (finally remembered where it fitted) and then fitted the front bumper (after scrubbing the rear of the bumper clean:lol). Took a while to line it up up, but the difference seeing the car looking like a 205 again is amazing.

Then set about fitting the battery/ecu tray from the 306, had to remove three spot welds from the original 205 battery tray where it normally clamps the battery down and hey presto (not a great fit but will look into it at a later date.

Here's a few photo's, as you can see the scrap gti above it and the heart of it in a 205:P .Kind of looks like the engine has fell out and landed in the 205-

205conversionfinal002.jpg

205conversionfinal003.jpg

205conversionfinal004.jpg

205conversionfinal005.jpg

205conversionfinal006.jpg

All thats left to do now is-

Put all the dash back together.

Sort of the clutch as i am running a gti6 clutch and cable, just need a little less movement on the cable.

Change the master cylinder for a nice shiney new one then bleed the brakes.

A few clips for the side trims on the front.

8mm fuel hose to sort the fuel retun out.

10mm banjo for the feed from the fuel filter.

Thinks thats about it. Has given me a little greif but i think it was worth all the effort as it just looks so good.

Carl

Fox

That looks like its just rolled out of the factory! Truely fantastic attention to detail, looks amazing!

P.s. I dont suppose you have a spare battery box lid do you?

BusEngineer

Looks absolutely fantastic fella, ive been following this thread because of your attention to detail

Keep up the good work . . . shes a beaut!!

mechanicalrepairs
That looks like its just rolled out of the factory! Truely fantastic attention to detail, looks amazing!

P.s. I dont suppose you have a spare battery box lid do you?

Thanks for the comments people.

I dont mate, i am going to have to buy one for this as i stole it of off my gti6 just to take the photo's

It has taken me since march to this day to finish this off, its because of sending all the parts to be powder coated etc, then stripping the bay completely to have it all painted, i am going to put a six lump in my other 205 1.6 but not go as crazy, i think i will be able to do it in a week.

If anybody wants and bits powder coated, anything at all, if you can get it to me then i will get it done, been doing a few subframs for the 306,s can possibly do these for the 205 if there is enough interest.

subframe001.jpg

Thanks again. Carl

GLPoomobile

Now that's how a Miami should look. f***ing stunning B)

Get a new washer reservoir though, as the old one lets it down. They aren't expensive. And a new MC reservoir too (saw you mentioned about replacing the MC but wasn't sure if you meant the reservoir).

mitch205gti

I wish my miami look like that!! B)

marksorrento205

Stunning :)

mechanicalrepairs

Well i have ironed out most of it now, got all my gears and managed to sort the clutch cable issues.

Took it out for the first time today, up and down the street and it felt great, loads of power and all seemed fine, tucked it back up and will have a few adjustments to make till it goes out again, to say the brakes are crap is an under statement.

Carl

mechanicalrepairs

Well done a few more bits to it today, to be fair a couple of hours more work and it will be completed.

Fitted the coliover suspension to the car, i had initially fitted 306 struts and shocks hoping it would be ok but it made the ride heigh unreal, the coilovers fitted, now sits perfect although seems a little rough on the road-

bitsandbobs205006.jpg

This is how she looks when lowered on the ground (ignore the masking tape, i seem to have lost the clips to the arches :lol)

bitsandbobs205007.jpg

bitsandbobs205009.jpg

Had to go to the pst office and thought i would go in this, first run so all a little unknown, first fault i found was the brakes need bleeding a bit more:o

But oh my it sure shifts, after i had done my bits and bobs i pulled onto the main road and floored it, i was met with a great induction roar and we just took off, the ride seems a little stiff, i hope this will settle down but other than that it drove great. Scared myself a little when i realised the front indicators werent working.

Few little niggles-

Something in the heater fan motor, makes a noise when switching it on possibly leaves etc.

Sort the brakes, should just need bleeding.

Find some arch clips.

Then just a general check over, oh and sort out why the front indicators dont work.

Carl

jimistdt

Good lad, :wacko: nice standard of work throughout. You must be pleased.

So is it a keeper or will it be on here soon?

DrSarty

Yep, it's brill. Keep going.

I also bet it doesn't stay in the garage until summer. I'd be creaming my pants wanting to blat the f*cker! :lol:

Fox

Fantastic, wish i'd had the time and money to get mine anywhere near that standard!

What air filter have you used?

flipperthebushkangaroo

WOW i think i'm in lust :lol: ,

That is absolutly fantastic fella, wish i had the mechanical knowhow to do something half as good.

Roddie

mechanicalrepairs

Cheers for the comments guys, well at the minute i have been out and about in it with trade plates, and yes it is very tempting to floor it everywhere and it did surprise me how quick it was.

I have a small problem now though where the front of the car is better than new but the rear underneath just looks so wrong compared, i think i will have to strip the rear down next and get that to match the front.

Its not yet got a filter fitted so i need to come up with some ideas, the coolant top hose runs very close so to the throttle body, might have to make some modifications.

Carl, C.G.Cars

Spiky

car looks minty mint :wacko:

hope these pics help you :blush:

24122008487.jpg

24122008486.jpg

mechanicalrepairs

Sounds like a plan, if i was able to make it it would be a last minute thing, would that be ok?

Carl

JamieTonks

wow thats so clean

my T16 205 was L264RWK before i changed it

Edited by JamieTonks

supersub14

excellent work mate! the engine bay looks amazing!! <_<