Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Car_Restoration] Scruffy But Original 1.9 Gti - Restoration

1.9 black restoration

283 replies to this topic

Plumbob

Plumbob
  • Drivers+
  • 324 posts
  • Name:Jonathan
Garage View Garage
Thanks again. I think seeing as you two find it unusual that the bars are so big perhaps I'll shimmy under it some time with a digi vernier and double check those sizes.

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts
It's not unusual, perfectly possible they are 24mm, but for road and the occasional track day they are pretty uncompromising and you'll also need a fairly heavy poundage front spring to match them.
Oh, and pedant mode on, there's no such thing as a digital vernier!!!!!
You mean a digital caliper.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
waggle a spanner over them, quicker :D

i have 23's on my zx, with the extra length they come in at about 220 lb wheel rate with about 120kg more rear axle weight, 205 with a shorter 23mm bar would have a higher wheel rate.

Plumbob

Plumbob
  • Drivers+
  • 324 posts
  • Name:Jonathan
Garage View Garage
I knew I'd get picked up on something. I strive for the day I'm as perfect as you Tom.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1.9, black, restoration