• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John_B

Passenger Indicators Stuck On

John_B

I had just sat in my car and was about to start it when I noticed all the indicators on the passenger side were constantly on (with ignition on or off).

I've disconnected each indicator in turn and the other two still stay on. I've removed the relay but they were still on after this as well.

Any ideas?, I'm so sick of this car now. I need it for work tomorrow. I don't want to cancel the appointment because I've done that 3 times already- you've guessed it because of this bloody car. :);):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edp

Must be something to do with the hazard light side of the circuit as even if the indicator stalk was faulty the light wouldn't stay on with the key taken out.

I'm unsure if the hazard switch has its own relay, might be worth a check?

Edited by Edp

Powers

Disconnect the hazard warning switch. If you are still stuck Pm me.

John_B

Thanks for the tips, I'll try this tomorrow morning.

pug_ham

Flasher relay stuck internally? Remove it from the fusebox.

Graham.

John_B

OK, I disconnected the battery overnight so that it wouldn't go flat and when I coneected it again the car was fine for a couple of hours. Then tonight the indicators stuck on again. I disconnected the hazard warning switch as Powers suggested but this made no difference. (Pugtorque thanks but I had tried disconnecting the relay already and it made no difference). But when I actually started the car they went off?

So does this mean there's an intermittent short after the relay, after the group of left side indicator wires but before the split to individual left indicators?

Anyone have a wiring diagram? The haynes manual is useless. Thanks.

pug_ham

Have you got an alarm which flashes the indicators when you set / unset it?

Try removing the fuse & see if that turns them off next time it happens. If it doesn't then its a wiring fault imo, although removing the relay should do the same but the fusebox could be at fault. Could be a suspect earth point (next to each headlight on the front panel) but that usually shows up as indiactors that don't work with bulbs that are perfect.

Have you fitted uprated bulbs?

What Haynes have you got? Service & repair or workshop manual? Saying that I think they both have the same detail wiring diagrams in.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this