• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
magic

[project] 205 Cti T16

magic

1247308831.jpg

1247309510.jpg

Rear brakes finished nearly 4 piston Brembo’s with 296mm x 28mm

With hydraulic handbrake

1247740098.jpg

1247740143.jpg

So got my parts back from the ceramic coating 1100$ auuuuch

1247833656.jpg

1247833822.jpg

magic

1247925437.jpg

1247925470.jpg

1247925622.jpg

1247925708.jpg

sorry for the big update, hole page 5 and 6 was it...

soon more

DrSarty

Simply brilliant!!!

EDIT:

Reference the ceramic coating. Your $1100 AUD is about £500 GBP. I was quoted ~£400 just for an exhaust manifold; so really you got a pretty good deal there.

Edited by DrSarty

magic

cheers mate

Citroen vts vs 205 . not much of the 205 left

1249127463.jpg

1249127516.jpg

1249127612.jpg

haltech platinum sport 2000, what for a huge harness, where I had all this mess ??

1249127798.jpg

Henry Yorke

Looks better than factory. The Brembos on the back look great! Will it be more than 441bhp!

Have you stiffened up the front subframe at all? Are there any actual chassis mods? I find my CTI quite rigid with those thick sills so not prone to a lot of chassis flex

Edited by Henry Yorke

magic
Looks better than factory. The Brembos on the back look great! Will it be more than 441bhp!

Have you stiffened up the front subframe at all? Are there any actual chassis mods? I find my CTI quite rigid with those thick sills so not prone to a lot of chassis flex

cheers i be sure will go over 500+ hp

yes i have bars under the car, over 7 meters in total in bars and etc!!

very complex system,

simular system to 207 / 308 system..

is all at the galvanize shop at the moment..

gti-si

Magic, incredible work yet again.

Is that the standard VTS Arb or uprated?! I'm off down to the scrappie in a min to get some 306/Xsara arms for my new beam build, bring on the negative camber :)

Edited by gti-si

DrSarty

I'm not sure, but I think Colin said my special beam for Evo II which will be using the new turreted rear dampers will be using Xsara arms.

Perhaps this is the way to go......?

JamieTonks

Man i could do with you building me an engine :)

gti-si
I'm not sure, but I think Colin said my special beam for Evo II which will be using the new turreted rear dampers will be using Xsara arms.

Perhaps this is the way to go......?

They certainly look like it Rich.

Paul_13

Slacking on the rusty discs! :)

Only joking, this is stunning :(

whizzer71

Awesome project just love the quality and the finish of the work,Where or who over here re-splines the longer rear ARB's once they have been cut down ?.

Oberon

WOW, Magic this build is amazing.

You have worked out a way to have a fully usable 6 speed gear box in a 205, am I right ?

Look forward to seeing this through to completion.

Nice one.

Bas

My sump baffle system. it is mix out of 4 engines

T16/HDI/mi16/gti6

Magic, what did you use from T16/HDI/mi16???/Gti6

I know the T16 has more teeth in the pump

The GTi6 has the plate and the guard around the sprocket witch I do not see in the picture...

HDI has....

mi16 has the trap plate in the sump (so does the Gti6)

Clarre

This is stunning. I'm so impressed. What a work!

magic

thx guys

i know i be again weeks to late with my updates ..

here we go

1250335781.jpg

1250335873.jpg

1250336189.jpg

1250336648.jpg

1250338429.jpg

1250338493.jpg

magic

wiring part

1250772636.jpg

1250775744.jpg

what I use to run this engine is, 8 injectors staged, full sequential injection and ignition, map sensor for fuel, tps sensor for ignition, haltech stepper motor, haltech coolant sensor, haltech air sensor, Audi coil’s with igniter build in system, cam and crank sensor, haltech boost solenoid for the external wastegate,

1250772740.jpg

1250772855.jpg

the wiring harness on the left side , is only for the feathers that this car will have in the end

like electric power steering, what shuts off from 60 km/h, water pumps, turbo timer, dual map system, data log and timer, A/C system, Nos, cooling fans, nozzle jet’s for water to air radiator, over boost function for 20 sec, a safety system who monitors the oil pressure ect etc this needs all to be hidden same where.

I keep the 205 dash function stock .. only build up a new wiring harness for it

So much work left to do ….

Top radiator house, is now in stainless steal

1250775835.jpg

1250775928.jpg

magic

The wiring work, of the engine is nearly done, only the outputs left to do, what is more then the engine harness ..

Hub and drive shaft are done.

The result looks like this.

1250941291.jpg

1250941348.jpg

camber in the rear

1250943415.jpg

custom made king springs

1251114104.jpg

1251114203.jpg

magic

i engineered a new brake set up today, we made our own custom callipers..

6 pot callipers fitted on 206 hubs with 309mm rotors, and red stuff pads, and all

with out a spacer or etc.. we did the drawings and measurement, in less then 4h.

is a bolt on kit for 205/206/306/307 etc ..

6 pod in a 15 inch wheel, with 309 rotors looks do brutal. It fills up the hole wheel

brake caliper build

We use the 308 Hdi Brembo rotors in 305 mm

We slotted the rotors ..

1251198297.jpg

my modified Gt series Brake calipers, we made them off set so it suits the 15 inch stock gti wheels even,,

on 600 psi we have 1900 clamp pressure, feel free to compare against Brembo and co if you like ..

1251198380.jpg

outer side

1251198480.jpg

Inside

1251198522.jpg

1251198575.jpg

1251198689.jpg

1251198733.jpg

1251198777.jpg

206/205 hub drive shaft

1251198840.jpg

every 45d we slotted the disc , but not on the same place on the back to prevent from shudder!

1251198891.jpg

magic

both fitted , i will paint our logo in and then clear it with clear coat ..

1251198975.jpg

1251199139.jpg

1251199173.jpg

and back to the wiring war

need to finish the out puts of the haltech.. and build up a can bus system in a 205.

Even me as Peugeot Master tech start to smoke the brain.

to get a better idea, what i mean

have a read here, that’ is what I need to rewire in this car

Over Boost

Over Boost fuel cut is used to protect the engine in the event of some sort of failure that might lead to higher than expected boost. This is a safety feature.

this one i need with the big turbo

Transient Throttle Enhance

Transient Throttle Enhance function aids in improving engine response when the throttle on a conventional fuel injected vehicle is opened rapidly. The Transient Throttle Enahncement works by adding additional injection pulses (asynchronous enrichment) and enriching the current fuelling pulses (synchronous enrichment) when it sees a change in throttle position. The setup allows the tuning of:

How much enrichment is needed for a given RPM, start throttle position and TPS rate of change

The biasing of the enrichment between asynchronous and synchronous types according to a given RPM

The speed at which the synchronous enrichment decays

CAN Communications

Enabling this option turns on the CAN communications to support auxiliary CAN devices

power steering pump from the 407 .. i need a road speed to switch it off on 60 km/h

Rally Anti-Lag

The purpose of the Rally Anti-Lag is to reduce turbo lag by keeping the turbo spinning during gear changes and off throttle situations. This is achieved by enriching fuel and retarding the timing under these conditions, to raise exhaust flow to keep the turbo spinning quickly.

To ensure that there is enough exhaust flow during gear changes when the throttle is closed, it is often required to setup the throttle plate, or idle control valve to flow a lot of air. To maintain a reasonable idle speed when the throttle/idle valve is setup in this manner, Rotational Idle can be activated. Rotational Idle keeps the RPM low, even with high airflow, by dropping injection events in a ‘rotation’ between the cylinders.

good point on the quater mile

Dual Tables

This features enables dual tables for:

Fuel Base

Ignition Base

Boost Control Target

When enabled, group can be enabled individually with the check boxes. The active table is determined by the drop down menu which allows you to select the First Table or the Second Table.

When a Table Selection switch is setup on the ECU Input, the physical switch overrides the software selection.

maybe 200 hp as daily driver and 500 hp for fun

Air Con Output

The air conditioning control can perform two tasks. Air conditioning control can be used to assist in turning off the air con compressor when under high loads. This allows more power to be used to drive the wheels.

The air con control output can also be used to trigger increased idle speed to accommodate the extra load from the air-con compressor.

The air-conditioning control requires input from either the air conditioning switch, or from the output of the thermostat that drives the air conditioner compressor clutch. If this output is used for the first task, then it is possible to intercept the output from the switch and connect the output of the ECU to the air-con switch wire.

a must in a car

Air Temp Switch 1 - 4

Air Temp Switch 1 through to Air Temp Switch 4 are seperate Air Temp switches that can be used for any generic purpose requiring the switching of an output based on air temperature. There are 4 sets of settings that correspond to each output.

If you configure multiple Air Temp Switch 1's, then each will use the settings for Air Temp Switch 1. If you want outputs to work on different settings, then choose different switches for each output and configure each correspond set of On/Off values.

Boost Control

Open Loop Boost Control

Open loop boost control allows the user to set a predefined duty cycle for the boost control solenoid to run at, this duty cycle is set in the “wastegate control map”. The ECU will run the boost control solenoid at the desired duty cycle regardless of the actual boost the engine is creating.

Refer to Boost Control in tuning section for details on how to setup and tune open loop boost control.

Settings

Frequency - Frequency (Hz) that the waste gate solenoid will run at. A Typical value for the Haltech waste gate solenoid is a frequency of 20 – 30 Hz.

ECU Diagnostics Light

This feature allows a warning light to be illuminated when certain sensor conditions are met. This output is useful for determining if a sensor has failed or been disconnected, it is also useful for setting a warning light if engine temperature goes above safe levels. To access the diagnostics limits for each sensor go to the setup menu -> sensor setup -> sensor diagnostics.

i will rewire this one to the stock 205 dash, a lot of good memories from the orange K light

Engine Running Time Switch 1-4

Engine Running Time Switch 1 through to Engine Running Time Switch 4 are seperate Engine Running Time switches that can be used for any generic purpose requiring the switching of an output based on Engine Running Time. There are 4 sets of settings that correspond to each output.

If you configure multiple Engine Running Time Switch 1's, then each will use the settings for Engine Running Time Switch 1. If you want outputs to work on different settings, then choose different switches for each output and configure each correspond set of On/Off values

Intercooler Fan

To assist in the operation of the intercooler, a fan can be setup to blow cool air through the intercooler. The intake air temperature activates this fan.

On Value - The intercooler fan operates when air temperature exceeds this temperature.

Off Value - The intercooler fan stops when air temperature falls below this temperature.

if the manifold temp goes over a point, the fans kick in

Intercooler Spray

To assist in the operation of the intercooler, a water spray can be setup to spray water onto the intercooler. The intake air temperature activates this spray.

On Value - The intercooler spray operates when air temperature exceeds this temperature.

Off Value - The intercooler spray stops when air temperature falls below this temperature.

i will run them only on 80% throttle, and when the inlet air temp goes to high

Road Speed Switch 1 - 4

Road Speed Switch 1 through to Road Speed Switch 4 are seperate Road Speed Switches that can be used for any generic purpose requiring the switching of an output based on Road Speed. There are 4 sets of settings that correspond to each output.

If you configure multiple Road Speed Switch 1's, then each will use the settings for Road Speed Switch 1. If you want outputs to work on different settings, then choose different switches for each output and configure each correspond set of On/Off values.

a need for my electric power steering pump

Shift Light 1 - 3

Shift Light 1 through to Shift Light 3 are seperate Shift Lights that can be used to indicate various shift points at different engine speeds.

If you configure multiple Shift Light 1's, then each will use the settings for Shift Light 1. If you want outputs to work on different settings, then choose different switches for each output and configure each correspond set of On/Off values.

i will show it later

Tacho Output

The tacho output can be used to drive electronically controlled tachometers. The duty cycle of the waveform is fixed with a varying frequency that changes according to the RPM.

Tacho Duty - Duty cycle used to drive the tachometer.

Tacho Pulses Per Cycle - The number of pulses per engine cycle (720 degrees in a 4 stroke cycle) that the tachometer expects. Most tachometers expect a pulse for each cylinder, so this value is often the number of cylinders that the engine has.

PWM output #1 is suggested to be used as the tacho output as PWM 1 is the only output that has a programmable signal pullup required for some factory tachometers. The PWM 1 “pullup” controls the voltage level of the ouput signal, ie enabling the 12v pullup outputs a 0-12V square wave, the 8V pullup outputs a 0-8V square wave etc.

Thermofan 1 & 2(PWM)

The Thermofan (PWM) output function is used on certain thermal cooling fans that have intelligent control logic built into their controller. Thermofans such these will vary their fan speed based on engine temperature, generally as the engine temperature increases so does the fan speed. This type of thermo fan control is often controlled by intelligent relay circuitry. The control output from the ECU varies output duty cycle with temperature, this in turn varies the speed of the fan. This form of fan control is found in some late model vehicles including some Mitsibishi Lancer EVOs.

is clear i think

Oil Pressure Sensor

This input allows the ECU to measure oil pressure.

if the pressure drops, engine will cut off

O2 Wideband Sensor 1 & 2

With the 5V output from a wide band A/F meter attached to this input, the A/F ratios can be viewed and data logged against the other engine parameters to aid in tuning and verification of the maps. See O2 Input section in Inputs Setup.

Vehicle Speed Input 1-4

To detect the speed at which the vehicle is travelling, connect a square wave pulse signal to this input that has a frequency that is proportional to speed of the vehicle

ahhhhh so much work left

MrG
<_< stunned and well impressed with the abilities you have Magic. Sends my head in a spin.

Bas
My sump baffle system. it is mix out of 4 engines

T16/HDI/mi16/gti6

Magic, what did you use from T16/HDI/mi16???/Gti6

I know the T16 has more teeth in the pump

The GTi6 has the plate and the guard around the sprocket witch I do not see in the picture...

HDI has....

mi16 has the trap plate in the sump (so does the Gti6)

I read your topic on aussi frogs and all is clear now. :)

All the best with your amazing 205 CTi!

(I wish I had a dad like you, son of Magic)

magic

sorry Bas

with the huge update i forgot to answer you questions ..

if you have more questions..

mail me on magic205@optusnet.com.au

or msn magic@205cti.de

Kroged

Never seen a more well worked project than this! Its just stunning to look at all the work putted into the look of the engine.

Will it be shown at pugfest this year? Me and some friends was thinking of taking a trip to pugfest to get a look of some proper made pugs :blush:

mikebullock84

wow man, this must be the most in depth project thread ever, with the standard of work is through the roof! where is the car based? germany, or have you exported it over to Oz?