Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

1360cc Engines

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

GazRallye

GazRallye
  • Drivers
  • 345 posts
Right, i've had a search and can't find anything too definitive, i have an XS and need a new engine as its done a high mileage and is a bit smoky, i've seen one but i can't be sure if its from an XS.

So basically i want to know, if its from another model like a GT or whatever else might have had a 1.4, what are the differences internally?
i.e different carbs, cams etc

and if they are different will they swap straight over from the old engine to the new?

cheers

stealth_pug

stealth_pug
  • Drivers
  • 115 posts
not sure about the gt it may be similar to the xs but the xs has a bigger carb and its an alloy block and has a more accelerating gearbox than most of the other 1.4s.

mi16nut

mi16nut
  • Drivers
  • 505 posts
I'm sure the 205 GT is lower powered. Look for one from a late-ish AXGT.

Mark.

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
  • Name:Ross

I'm sure the 205 GT is lower powered. Look for one from a late-ish AXGT.

Mark.

The GT, SR, XS and some XT's all have the TU3S engine. The GT is basically the 5 door XS.

GazRallye

GazRallye
  • Drivers
  • 345 posts

The GT, SR, XS and some XT's all have the TU3S engine. The GT is basically the 5 door XS.

Do you know if theyre all in the same state of tune?

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts

Do you know if theyre all in the same state of tune?

The TU3S only has one "state of tune", 85bhp!

stealth_pug

stealth_pug
  • Drivers
  • 115 posts
Its difficult to tell because they kept changing the specs on each of the models then discontinuing them and then redoing them etcc.

205 xs

this might help clear up some points though.

Henry 1.9GTi

Henry 1.9GTi
  • Drivers
  • 747 posts
  • Name:Henry
I use to have 1360cc GR which was also 5 door and ~70bhp i think.
My m8 had an AXGT ~ 85Hp and that thing shifted! Revved to bout 7500 very nicely. Had a tiny little rev counter which was so cool :lol: Maybe source an engine from one of those and nick the clocks whilst your at it.

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts

I use to have 1360cc GR which was also 5 door and ~70bhp i think.
My m8 had an AXGT ~ 85Hp and that thing shifted! Revved to bout 7500 very nicely. Had a tiny little rev counter which was so cool :lol: Maybe source an engine from one of those and nick the clocks whilst your at it.

Plenty of different TU3 engines, TU3A, TU3F TU3K etc etc, usually these are found in the non sporty models and give about 70 - 75 bhp. TU3S found in the cars I listed above has 85bhp.

GazRallye

GazRallye
  • Drivers
  • 345 posts
It was just because i had the oppurtunity to buy a 1.4 from a 205 and i was just a bit dubious as to whether it would be the same, didn't want something slower!
Hopefully i'm getting an AX GT engine from a guy on the axoc, done quite a few less miles than the one i've got at the mo

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
you want an AX GTi engine, 100bhp...

Rippthrough

Rippthrough
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,181 posts

you want an AX GTi engine, 100bhp...

Or 106 xsi, which is also 100bhp.

stu_woac

stu_woac
  • Drivers
  • 497 posts
or a 106 gti or saxo vts 120bhp :D
you two I think he just wants a quick fix not more work for 15bhp more which isnt that hard to get out the tu3s anyways

Sandy

Sandy
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,308 posts

Or 106 xsi, which is also 100bhp.

The Iron block is 23kg heavier than the alloy one, the 16v adds even more (about another 12kg with the original exhaust manifold etc), I felt it spoilt the handling on mine, but I doubt everyone's as fussy.

GazRallye

GazRallye
  • Drivers
  • 345 posts
I've already been through this dilema with my old ax, i was gonna put a gti engine in that, but then its brakes and all the other stuff that comes with...

was going to get an ax gt to make life simple, then i saw the 205 and thought, balls to the ax!
the 205 has a wider track so will handle better!
its all about the lift off over steer, fun on quiet, damp roundabouts!

also the 205 looks less like a shopping trolley :)

Rob Thomson

Rob Thomson
  • Drivers
  • 1,666 posts
What are the options for aluminium blocks?

I'm trying to work out the spec for my 106 Rallye rebuild and reckon a 1360cc is the sensible place to start, but I want to keep it light. Later Saxos/106s and Xsaras (?) had aluminium block 1360s but are they compatable with the TU2J2 head?

Rippthrough

Rippthrough
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,181 posts

What are the options for aluminium blocks?

I'm trying to work out the spec for my 106 Rallye rebuild and reckon a 1360cc is the sensible place to start, but I want to keep it light. Later Saxos/106s and Xsaras (?) had aluminium block 1360s but are they compatable with the TU2J2 head?

Early 306 have ally blocks too. The heads all fit - it's the compression ratio you need to watch due to different chamber sizes + piston shapes/heights.

-Phillip

Rob Thomson

Rob Thomson
  • Drivers
  • 1,666 posts
Are the 1360 bores and strokes all the same?

Rippthrough

Rippthrough
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,181 posts

Are the 1360 bores and strokes all the same?

Yep.
75 x 77mm.

edit- on that note, does anyone know if the 82mm stroke diesel crank fits?

Edited by Rippthrough, 09 November 2006 - 11:13 AM.

Rob Thomson

Rob Thomson
  • Drivers
  • 1,666 posts
Ok, so in that case there's no reason why I couldn't use XSi crank, rods and pistons in a late ally block? (I'm thinking late block to hopefully avoid issues with stripped threads etc).