Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

1360cc Engines

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

bren_1.3

bren_1.3
  • Drivers
  • 1,057 posts
no reason at all, i had the same concept as you using an 205 XS alloy block and the domed 106 XSi pistons and XSi cylinder head.

RossD

RossD
  • Drivers
  • 1,482 posts
  • Name:Ross

no reason at all, i had the same concept as you using an 205 XS alloy block and the domed 106 XSi pistons and XSi cylinder head.

Sounds very similar to my build too, except I'm still trying to decide between 1.4 and 1.6 or a hybrid between the two!! 1.6 is Iron block only though.

bren_1.3

bren_1.3
  • Drivers
  • 1,057 posts
small light alloy high revving 8 valve 1400 any day of the week!

EDIT: i feel if you want 1600 go for an XU, thats my person opinion. stronger better gearbox availabilty, better stronger engines, all alloy, and rev just as well as a 1600 iron block TU. possibly just as important they're cheap and plentiful for second hand parts.

theres only one place for 1.6 8 valve TU's and that's in the bin. :)

the numerous disadvantages of the iron block 1.6 TU are for a different thread though.

hope that might have swayed your plans.

EDIT 2: am not talking about iron blocked 16 valvers, so lets not go there.

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch, 09 November 2006 - 03:57 PM.

Sandy

Sandy
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,308 posts
The 1761cc XU is a great engine to tune, widely overlooked sadly, it has a great bore/stroke/rod length relationship and I love it's delivery and noise; alloy block obviously and weighs slightly less than the TU 1.6.

The alloy blocked TU's are the best, i'd agree with that, but the 1.6 is pretty good, certainly better than many other makes of 8v.