Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Clutch Arm Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jer309GTi

Jer309GTi
  • Drivers
  • 889 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
I got another gearbox for my XS yesterday but the shaft that the release bearing sits on was very corroded so I'm trying to swap the one from my old box. I've got the corroded shaft and arm out of the new box ok, by cutting them out. On my broken box I have drilled the pin out but the arm is stuck tigght on the shaft. I've tried hitting it, putting the blow torch on it using a puller but it still won't move. Would it be ok to cut the arm on the red line in the picture and then use a nut and bolt where the pin was? I would have thought it would still be strong enough.

Posted Image

Opinions please

inferno

inferno
  • Drivers
  • 1,504 posts
so long as the cable end of the arms in the right position to operate the clutch when your finished shouldnt be a problem. you could always weld the arm up again when yourve cut it off.

has the whole pin come out? sometimes they snap and some of it remains in the shaft.

Jrod

Jrod
  • Veterans
  • 3,326 posts
  • Name:Jordan
Edit: My idea won't work so ignore this

Edited by Jrod, 03 December 2006 - 10:14 PM.