Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Car_Restoration] 205 Gr Project Car

209 replies to this topic

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 971 posts
Garage View Garage

I've currently got an engine sitting under a tarp from a GTX- also have the carb but I don't know if just swapping that over would provide any improvement? Having looked at the Haynes manual I'm under the impression I need a ECU for the Carb?

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
  • Name:Gareth
Can they not be twin carbed pretty easy?

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 971 posts
Garage View Garage

Gaz -I've got no idea!

I don't know if its basically the same engine or not - I presume so

allye

allye
  • Pitcrew+
  • 3,716 posts
  • Name:Ali Williams
Garage View Garage
Unsure on the exact spec of your 1360 but lumpy cams and a twin stage soles from a rally's or XS can be had quite cheaply, rebuild kits for those solex's still exist too. 106 tubular manifold can be modified to fit easily too. Getting on for 100bhp shouldn't be hugely out of reach. Once you start looking at twin carbs it gets pricey.

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
I had a very old... Wait for it... 205 XT. That pre dates the XS and was a 1360 twin carb set up, 80/85bhp I think. Well the cam shaft went south so had a single carb Citroen bx 1360 dropped in it.
We were down to 75bhp so a re fitment of the twin carbs and timing alteration had us back on the rr to the 80/85 again. I'm not technical but certainly I have experience of that mod certainly adding just over 10% power. It went like stink too! Was always somewhat slower than my mates AX GT. I thought they were the same engine.
Would you not consider changing the lump?

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 971 posts
Garage View Garage
I trying to keep it all cheap and cheerful. I considered a GTI lump but then thought no keep it with carbs and no ECU etc. So maybe a twin carbon setup but Ive no idea what it needs or what would fit

calvinhorse

calvinhorse
  • Drivers+
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Calvin
Best cheap tuning for 1360 tu is a good cam and exhaust manifold, you can use a saxo vtr cam pulley as they are about 1/3 of the weight, I always saw gains from the 1.1s straight through / single box exhaust.

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts

Best cheap tuning for 1360 tu is a good cam and exhaust manifold, you can use a saxo vtr cam pulley as they are about 1/3 of the weight, I always saw gains from the 1.1s straight through / single box exhaust.

Sounds like these ppl know what they are on about and something you can prob do yourself?

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 971 posts
Garage View Garage
Ok so a good cam and manifold- sounds good where do I start looking for them please?

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 971 posts
Garage View Garage
I think it has a straight through exhaust. At least it only has a rear box fitted

Reply to this topic