• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spike

Vinyl Trim On Rear Edge Of Front Door

spike

Hi chaps, I need the black vinyl trim that goes on the rear edge of the front doors. I've asked at Peugeot main dealer and they say it's no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Dan Ingram

I could also do with one of these if they are available.

Rom

I thought they were available, but cost a fourtune.

Anyway, think a common thing is to satin black that area for a similar effect. Im wonderign what to do with mine as its being painted. I might see if i can order one off a Toyota at work, havent checked if they come seperate yet :D And then just trim it to fit.

Miles

Cut some black vinel to suit not much more you can do now, Some models where just painted anyway but I think it looks better body coloured

Henry Yorke

Run black electrical tape down them. Degrease the surface before applying and make sure one edge is tucked under the window rubber. You will be suprised by the results! If you really don't like it you can peel it off and have lost nothing. I have done this on a non-GTI before and it lasted for years

Last Legend

Could you get some of the correct strips from another later model ie: a 106

spike

I thought about 106 trims last night. I'll try Peugeot later.

Cheers

Mike

cRaig

I got a set from peugeot in september, cost about £12 each if I remember, so you are probabally better getting a set off a 106 or something, bound to be cheaper.

de Noir

DSCF0023.jpg

Got mine from Peugeot spare parts, but it was long time ago.

It's a 3M self adhesive foil with black matte grained finish, you should be able to get it at any better foil-cutting-quick-design-print shop.

vicious-monkey87

any local graphics shop should be able to fit vinyl for about a fiver for both sides! mine will need done when i'm mot'd and i've been quoted £6 for both sides and that includes fitting them!

Rom

Looked at mine today while stripping it, mine are painted both sides, i assume from standard.

Personally i prefer them black, rather than body colour. So ill prob sort something out after its painted.

Sign in to follow this