Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Possible Stem Seals

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tommy gun

tommy gun
  • Drivers
  • 109 posts
  • Name:tom
My xu10j2te is burning oil badly. At first I thought it was the turbo but it only smokes at idle and boy does it smoke.
As soon as I pull away it clears but it will smoke a little when coasting in traffic.
There's a little bit of oil in the boost pipes but hardly anything. I also noticed that the dip stick had popped out the other day and spat oil everywhere but not sure how long it was like that.
Any help.

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Leslie

My guess would be the Engines badly worn and pressurising the sump which is likely why the dipstick popped out , too much blow past due to worn rings /bores , clears at higher revs as the oil burns better but it's still burning oil !

A compression test would be an idea .

tommy gun

tommy gun
  • Drivers
  • 109 posts
Just done compression test

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Leslie

For a petrol engine that sounds very low  but then its turbo so not sure what it should be but Id recheck that 122 is it's quite a bit lower than the rest .I wouldn't rule out the turbo just yet as they tend to smoke bad at idle if worn too.

Edited by Leslie green, 22 July 2017 - 05:36 PM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
probably throttle closed, should be done open.
they're all very close anyway, i wouldn't be concerned yet.

tommy gun

tommy gun
  • Drivers
  • 109 posts
What would be causing the did stick to push up?also there is a lot of oil that's been spat out of the tube.

pugdamo

pugdamo
  • Drivers+
  • 1,015 posts
  • Name:Damian
Garage View Garage
Excessive crankcase pressure,usually caused by worn rings or or blocked oil breathers. The pressure builds and it has to go somewhere so pushing the dipstick out would be a way for the pressure to escape.

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 335 posts
  • Name:Gareth

What would be causing the did stick to push up?also there is a lot of oil that's been spat out of the tube.

My dip stick had simply worn so didn't secure properly. Dealer supplied at £12+ vat