Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Rear Beam Mounts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

selfyyy

selfyyy
  • Passengers+
  • 25 posts
  • Name:Will
Garage View Garage
Has anyone got the dimensions for the rear beam mounts, want to have some made but removing the beam to measure them makes the care immobile.
Cheers

petert

petert
  • Pitcrew
  • 5,580 posts
  • Name:Peter Taylor

Ø50 x 50 long.

dcc

dcc
  • Drivers+
  • 3,141 posts
  • Name:Dan
Which mounts

selfyyy

selfyyy
  • Passengers+
  • 25 posts
  • Name:Will
Garage View Garage

The ones that are originally rubber at the front and at the rear of the beam. 6 In total.... http://www.bakerbm.c...data=suskit205a

petert

petert
  • Pitcrew
  • 5,580 posts
  • Name:Peter Taylor

I've made a few sets and you really need to know what you're doing, in order to get the tolerances correct. Additionally, the front bushes in your pic aren't very good as they don't have a crush tube. Without they'll flog out prematurely. You'll never get the front bushes out without damaging them. As I said earlier, the rear blocks are easy. Just drill a Ø10.5mm hole through some Ø50 bar. The original blocks are offset but that's unnecessary.

I think I used Sustamid for the front bushes.

Attached Files

Edited by petert, 18 July 2017 - 09:46 AM.

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,760 posts
I've made upteen sets. If you can use a lathe you can make these, there is nothing complicated about them. I use Acetal usually.