Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Electric Window Regulator

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

katmav

katmav
  • Drivers
  • 45 posts
  • Name:Matt

Hi, does anyone recognise this drivers side electric window regulator? Looking for a fix as the cable has snapped, motor still works fine. Doesn't look like any of the ones I have seen up for sale...car is a 1.6GTi J reg.

Attached Files

pugdamo

pugdamo
  • Drivers+
  • 1,017 posts
  • Name:Damian
Garage View Garage
That's an aftermarket set up, not sure how you would go about finding a replacement though, I'd try getting a standard electric reg and fitting that, may have to modify the wiring depending on what's already been done though .

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts
The motor and drive cables are aftermarket, the mechanism is standard windy window with a bit cut off and the cable drive thing attached!
As said it's some kind of aftermarket conversion kit that uses an electric motor to turn a windy handle spindle!
Easiest way is a proper 205 electric mech which will bolt straight into your door. Wiring is 2 wires the worst you can do is get them the wrong way round so it works backwards and have to swap them over.

Slo

Slo
  • Drivers
  • 2,149 posts
  • Name:Andy
Garage View Garage

I've just bought one of those kits

http://www.ebay.co.u...vcAAOSw4A5Y2jo7

Doddle to fit too

steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall
  • Veterans
  • 3,697 posts
  • Name:Steve !

That's an aftermarket set up, not sure how you would go about finding a replacement though, I'd try getting a standard electric reg and fitting that, may have to modify the wiring depending on what's already been done though .

I believe I have a pair of those! Have thought about using them on CTI dear windows but don't think it's worth the hassle. I had them fitted in a previous CTI ( at the front) and are not hard to fit

katmav

katmav
  • Drivers
  • 45 posts
  • Name:Matt
Thanks all, that explains it!

VDU

VDU
  • Passengers
  • 6 posts
  • Name:VDU
Hi Matt, I have just removed one of these. I will need to test it still works but you are welcome to have it for the price of postage.

Andy

Slo

Slo
  • Drivers
  • 2,149 posts
  • Name:Andy
Garage View Garage

Have thought about using them on CTI dear windows but don't think it's worth the hassle.

That's exactly what I have bought them for, only problem is deciding how to mount switches and where considering the rear passengers will also need a switch too.

The switches that come with them are horendously cheap looking

steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall
  • Veterans
  • 3,697 posts
  • Name:Steve !
Mount them in pairs in front and behind handbrake? I was thinking a pair of single switches in the rear and a single switch in front to lower all 4 windows with one touch.