Well I know this pops up a lot of times on a number of different forums, but having looked at a lot of resources available both hardcopy and on the web, I thought I'd try and put up a hopefully definitive 205 paint listing.
Initially this was only for GTi's and suchlike which is pretty easy, but I decided to go the whole hog with all 205s... bigger than Ben Hur.
Anyhoo, I have thrown up an initial page at http://205gti.info/paint/ as a starting point for discussion and very happy to get corrections/feedback. There are still gaps on some 'English' names of colours and some question marks on some codes.
A few questions come to mind.
1. I am attempting to obtain the change-over 'vintages' of the different coding - 4 numeric->3 numeric->3 alpha->4 alpha. I have contradictory information from two resources. Any thoughts?
2. The paint type descriptions were a literal translation from the French.
I think the correct interpretation might be:
P0 - Regular 'lacquer' - eg: Acrylic?
P3 - P0 + clear coat
M0 - Regular metallic
M1 - M0 + clear coat or some other aspect
M4 - Pearlescent
Although the Sorrento Green cars I have information on come up as having M0 paint type and not M4.
I have also included a vintage matrix of the colours used on the GTis which is relatively straightforward, so I thought I would do the same for the same for the Cabrio... CTi, CT, CJ and Cabriolet... not so easy.
There a quite a few unknowns and questions I have which may be able to be answered by the owners out there:
1. There are two Scarlet Reds (Rouge Ecarlate), P0KG and P0KR, which appear to have changed with AM90 model for the CTi. Was this the same for the CT/CJ?
2. Was Pagoda Red (Rouge Plaisir) actually used on the CTi? The references differ.
3. Azur M1PE vs Azure M1MC blue. There is some confusion about which blue was used on what year.
4. 'Haze Blue' was mentioned in the 'Sporting Peugeot 205s' book, yet the UK colour brochures don't mention this.
5. Was the Roland Garros model available for the AM92 and AM93 vintage?
6. Was Platinum Silver (Gris Quartz) P0YC used on the CTi?
7. Was Graphite Grey (Gris Graphite) M1TW used on the CT/CJ after AM88?
8. Were the colours used for the AM86 cabrios the same as the AM87 models?
9. Was Black (Noir) P0XY available for the last year of the CTi (AM94)?
Anyone with a Phase 1.5/2 cabriolet can always submit their VIN at http://205gti.info/vin
" to provide further 'hard' data.
Thanks in anticipation