Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bonnet Laquer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

hodgy

hodgy
  • Drivers
  • 485 posts
ive finally been talked into what colour to spray my car. i need to take the laquer off my carbon bonnet how can i do it and will the bonnet be ok after?

the car is going mat black with red interior colour

djinuk

djinuk
  • Drivers
  • 1,471 posts
you want a grade of wet and dry buddy, all your need to do is give the matt black somthing to key onto, maybe a scotch pad will do the job

Paintguy

Paintguy
  • Veterans+
  • 2,248 posts
  • Name:Andy Taylor
As above. If you're having the bonnet painted matt black too, then you only need to key (roughen up) the existing lacquer to give the black something to adhere to.

Either 800 grit wet & dry, or a grey Scotchbrite pad, would do the job nicely.

Sloppy

Sloppy
  • Drivers
  • 145 posts
why not lkeave it looking carbon, it will be lighter as you wont have paint on it!!

hodgy

hodgy
  • Drivers
  • 485 posts
bonnet is staying carbon lookjust its too shiny so needs to be dulled down to match the rest of the car and my carbon boot isnt laqured so it will all match

toddydal

toddydal
  • Drivers
  • 429 posts
  • Name:Paul
just scotch the bonnet off with a grey scotch brite with soapy water and the use matt clearcoat,the bonnet will dry really matt