• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Davidsw

Still Problems With Engine Running

Davidsw

Good evening loosing the will with this .

The car starts and idles after hunting around . I've noticed it pops with air inside the inlet manafold?.

She will not rev it just cuts outs it may rev if you tickle it .

I have done the following - I found a new air meter Bosch unit that changed nothing .

I've checked pipe to and from the Air supplementary unit .

I do have the engine manament light on .

I've checked the fuel comes intoo the rail nearest plug 1 .

I may have sensor wires mixed up but I'm going round in circles .

I don't know what else to do . Any help would be good

Edited by Davidsw

Miles

Can you read the fault codes? I guess it's a late CAT model as it has the EML on

Davidsw

I think youve hit the nail on the head . I don't have a machine to read fault codes . I'd love to have one or indeed but one if any one can help . I've come from racing fords ( appogies ) and always liked the peugeot 205 gti 1.9 and I find It very well balanced .

However in near high Wycombe happy to pay for some one knowlege . But I swapping things around and making no progress .

It is a late cat yes .

pslynam

I had these very symptoms on my phase 1 1.6, it wouldn't rev but did a little if you blipped the throttle. Changed the afm, ecu, temp sensor etc but still the same. Turned out to be a faulty vacuum advance unit on the distributor. Perhaps worth a look.

Telf

I'm thinking air leak. Check your hoses for cracks especially at 90 degree bends. Check the bolt that attaches the oil filler neck to the manifold. If it's loose it will let unmetered air into the manifold.