• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jackherer

Is there a more modern solution to the resistor .. i.e. how do modern cars adjust the speed of the radiator fan?

I was going to look into for mine when I needed one for my Cti project. But I ended up getting a new resistor quite easily from Peugeot for about £18 IIRC.

The setup from auto 205s (as mentioned by Mikey S above) has two fans and two relays, when the switch requests low speed the relays supply power to the fans with them wired in series so each fan only sees ~6v and therefore run slowly. When the switch requests high speed the relays switch to supply power in parallel so the fans see the full 12v.

• Like 1

Telf

well my solution at the moment is Ive shorted the resistor contacts and I have fashioned a link to put in the temp switch plug so the fan runs at slow speed..

Works fine except I have to pop the bonnet and insert/remove the link every journey!

Ill probably fix it at the weekend!

jackherer

I've probably got a load of switches too, feel free to pop round if you want one.

I did reply to your text the other day BTW but I just noticed it says 'not delivered' so not sure what happened there?