• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Ot- Anyone Done A Partner/berlingo Heater Matrix?

Tom Fenton

As title- has anyone done a Partner or Berlingo heater matrix, and more importantly, can it be done without removing the entire dash?

I know on a 306 it can apparently be done, and the Partner uses the same matrix as the 306...

Fingers crossed at this end...

Oh, and PS-

Has anyone tried and had a good result with this K-Seal stuff... :rolleyes:

welshpug

306 cannot be done without removing the dash :rolleyes: (have done a few now, have to do my ZX soon too)

K-seal? urk...

Edited by welshpug

Jer309GTi

I'm hoping it can be done without removing the dash, as I think mine is just starting to leak, as you can smell antifreeze slightly when the matrix gets warm :lol:

You had a look in the Haynes? (If they do one for a Partner...?)

Tom Fenton

I have looked at the book, I quote "Remove the entire fascia as described in section 11"

Oh cock.

Jer309GTi

Oh joy! But then, I think on the phase 2 405 you are meant to remove the dash to change the matrix, but it is possible to do it with the dash left in. There maybe hope yet! I'll ask around and see if any garages nearby have done one

Tom Fenton

I'm still debating the K-seal option if I'm honest. Otherwise I guess I will be loosening the dash off hoping just to move it backwards enough to get at the matrix without removing the lot.

welshpug

the amount you need to move the dash backwards enough to get at the matrix, places it in the load bay of a Partner/Berlingo :lol:

Rather than the k-seal I would opt for bypassing the matrix completely, if it does stop the leak (have heard of it not working) it usually renders the matrix useless anyway, just a length of hose fitted to the stubs that clip into the matrix sections that poke through the bulkhead will suffice if there's enough space.

Excuse the quality of the picture...

09-11-09_1404.jpg

Edited by welshpug

Daviewonder

K-seal is very good stuff, seen many a C15 matrix "fixed" using it :lol:

richsmells
Excuse the quality of the picture...

09-11-09_1404.jpg

Oh s*it. I can see myself having some fun in the near future. The 205 was easy. :lol:

KRISKARRERA

405 was easy too, though for the past 3 years I've been driving around with no glovebox :lol:

brian j
I'm still debating the K-seal option if I'm honest. Otherwise I guess I will be loosening the dash off hoping just to move it backwards enough to get at the matrix without removing the lot.

I used it to fix a weeping head gasket on my £130 diesel 205 a couple of years back. Neither me, nor the next owner ever had any bother thereafter. If it isn't an engine that is exotic or prone to running hot I think it is a reasonable medium-term workaround for small leaks.

Definitely better than rad-weld etc.