Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hi Flow Heads 2300cc Internals

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

DrSarty

DrSarty
  • Drivers
  • 4,983 posts
  • Name:Rich
Garage View Garage

Will it fit the alloy XU9 block from the 1.9 8v or just the iron blocked stuff?

If I'm not mistaken the XU9JA (8v) and XU9J4 (Mi16 1.9) blocks are pretty much identical, bar some webs and stuff. The liners are more chunky but dimensionally they are the same.

IIRC as the XU9J4 crank fits the S16 (XU10) iron block then I'm basically saying AFAIK the crank will fit either, it's just made of a different, stronger material and has a 4mm longer throw than the XU9 and 6mm longer than the XU10 crank.

I'm 98.6676% sure that's correct. What you need to match and watch though is rods and pistons.

People are still playing around with all kinds of combinations on here, even with slight mods as they are all fairly similar it seems.

Edited by DrSarty, 30 September 2009 - 10:54 AM.

B1ack_Mi16

B1ack_Mi16
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,775 posts
Only thing that springs to my mind is that you need to investigate whether you can find trust bearings that fits with the 92mm crank in the alloy block.

Not sure if it will be a problem, just remember something about that from a post like 7-8 years ago :wacko:

Andreas_

Andreas_
  • Passengers
  • 1 posts
  • Name:Andreas
Garage View Garage

How rods can I use for the 2.1 TD crank in a XU10J2 block?

I can fall back the pistons, but the form is good I think.

Machined pistons are flat on the top and the mix can undesired whirl in befor the compression.