• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

damien

205 Gti6 To Gti6 Conversion Help

damien
The plan is to try and get her back up and running, hopefully to have her back on the road by the end of the year.

So on the shopping list

aux belt

radiator

air filter

fuel pipes

pas pipes

battery cables

bumper mounts

front spots

front brakes

rear beam

rear brakes

clean up the inside

sort out the bodywork

I have ordered the aux belt, nissens radiator and a k&n filter which hopefully should be here for the weekend

Anthony

Glad to hear that things are on the up and you've got some mojo back :)

Shame that the prolonged stay in the damp garage has taken its toll, but hopefully it won't be too bad once you get cracking on it. I guess in some ways a damp garage is almost the worse place to store a car long term, as it's just going to sit there in a damp environment with no airflow or chance of properly drying out, hence the rust and mould you're now having to contend with :(

damien

im slowly on the up but will never be 100%.

the old girl is in a sorry state, its embarrassing that i left it for so long and let it get into such a state but i had no were else to store her. on the bright side i know the engine still turns over/ runs

damien

Got the radiator, aux belt and filter today.
Plan on fitting over the weekend

DSC_0293.jpg

Edited by damien

damien

got the new aux on and the rad fitted. also fitted the air filter pipe, just got to clean the filter up, oil it then fit it.

ive not filled the coolant system up as ive run out but ive ordered some off GSF as they have that 43% easter discount at the moment.

DSC_0294.jpg

the old rad

DSC_0295.jpg

the broken overflow

DSC_0296.jpg

damien

a little bit of an update if you can call it that.

ive been collecting parts over the last few weeks like a fuel filter, loads of different size fuel pipes/pas pipes, loads of different size/types of hose clips and afew other bits and bobs.

WIN_20160614_17_38_20_Pro.jpg

oh and i got myself a mk1 leon cupra as a new runaround as a treat to myself so most of my time/money has been going on that.

allye

Progress is being made!

It's funny how we are now seeing 205 GTI6 rebuilds.