Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Running But Not Well

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_Dannyg_*

Guest_Dannyg_*
  • Guests
Hello all,

Recently bought a Mi16 1.9, It has been stood for months and when i went to pick it up it runs but sounds lumpy and needs constant foot on accelerater to keep it running.

The things i will try is clearing the fuel out of it and running clean fuel.

All plugs have a spark new leads was fitted.

Thanks in advance

Danny

cammmy

cammmy
  • Passengers
  • 4 posts
Hey Danny

How does it perform under load?

I would check the idle control valve and also the hoses for leaks.

Sray ether (or carb cleaner) around the base of all the hoses that attach after the AFM. If the revs go up when you spray a particular hose, you have an airleak

Guest_Dannyg_*

Guest_Dannyg_*
  • Guests
Hey

Under load it runs fine its once the revs drop, But the fuel could be crap so im clearing it out and putting new in.

Thanks for the advice.

cammmy

cammmy
  • Passengers
  • 4 posts
That's a good idea

Take the ICV off and clean it out. Also, do check the hoses as if any of them there are leaking, you will get power back by putting a stop to that.

Guest_Dannyg_*

Guest_Dannyg_*
  • Guests
Thanks biggrin.gif

cammmy

cammmy
  • Passengers
  • 4 posts
Back before I did my own work, my mechanic found a bunch of air leaks on my motor.

What a difference when I got it back!