• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

j_turnell

[Car_Upgrade] Stdt Now With A Few More Horses.

j_turnell

I've not got a micrometer to hand to measure them. The E7024 have a 890 front axle load according to a previous topic, whereas the 205 are rated at 640. So quite a difference, I''m not sure what the actual spring rate is.

j_turnell

Couple of small changes, illuminated window switches and a Gutmann 'i16v' badge courtesy of Paul, 205turbo- cheers mate. I've manged to kill the n/s driveshaft so will have to change that next week! Anyone used Shaft tech? Having trouble finding a good brand...

photo203_zpsiehb1t2e.jpg

photo2013_zpsd9ogthmq.jpg

allye

This is real stance! Looks great.

I've got some 405 switches and one touch loom for my van.

j_turnell

Thanks Ali, yeah it's pretty wide, I may go down the one touch switch route also at some point.

Today I managed to finish off making my gauge pod to go where the heater vents used to be. I gutted the inside of a spare vent, then made an aly plate, bonded and fixed to the original vent outer. It was then just a case of using some flexible filler to blend everything in, little bit tedious but got there in the end. I was going to get it flocked but gave some textured paint from Halfrauds a go and it came out pretty well. Just need to let it cure then I can wire them up and blank off the old heater outlet.

photo%201_zpsdnayclgc.jpg

Paul_13

Shaft tec are real hit and miss from previous experience

calvinhorse

I've got shafttec shafts on my 405, only problem is the boots have seriously perished in 2 years which just isn't good enough

j_turnell

Cheers chaps, mr auto and gsf dicked me about, managed to make a good one out of the half dozen I had in the shed.

j_turnell

All wired up and working, just need to get some green LED's for the back light. Hopefully they will give a more reliable reading over the 205 guessometer:)

photo2016_zpswblvdytk.jpg

• Like 1

j_turnell

Not updated this in a while. The car has been used regularly and has been reliable with no problems. I love the sound of Tb's but I have very much got used to the power. I did look at cams, but for the hassle of getting the pistons machined, plus the cost of cams and mapping put me off considering the torque and bhp gain.

So therefore I have bought this :)

sc%20kit_zps7852fgd7.jpg

Low boost Lynx kit. I will be sticking with the Omex so will need to swap a few things around. The kit is complete minus some 440cc injectors which I need to get. I will hopefully be doing this over the winter. So the TB setup, pas relocation kit, low boost loom and ecu and big intercooler will be up for grabs at some point.

j_turnell

Started collecting a few parts ready for the swap. So far I've managed to get hold of some 440cc injectors and I've just received this cossie intercooler off ebay. I'm going to run a DTurbo rad, managed to get an aly one off a scrapper the other week for a fiver! With the rad lowered the intercooler should slot in above and the outlets line up perfectly with the charger and inlet. Well that's the theory anyway....

The cooler is in pretty good nick, just needs a blow through with an air line and a lick of paint. Already has a few brackets and rubber bobbins to aid mounting it. Just need to order a ASH silicone hose bung to block off the old dump valve re-circ.

photo2022_zps5ucoeepp.jpg

• Like 1

allye

I would get that rad and intercooler in there asap for a trail fit as I tried that route and couldn't make it work, the charger outlet was too close to the intercooler basically touching, although one or two people have managed it.

j_turnell

Fair enough, I'll have to see how it goes. I'm still using the car so trial fitting will have to wait. I'm going to try and assemble as many of the bits as possible and do it all in one hit hopefully and get it mapped.

j_turnell

Does anyone know if the standard bosch map sensor is compatible with Omex and if so what the pinout is?? Think this is the only change I need to make to the loom. cheers

Gman

Spikey used a cossie intercooler above the rad on his Rotrex 205. You should get a good idea of the pipework from his project

• Like 1

Anthony

Does anyone know if the standard bosch map sensor is compatible with Omex and if so what the pinout is?? Think this is the only change I need to make to the loom. cheers

I have a dim and distant memory that there's something odd about the standard GTi-6 MAP sensor like it reads the reverse to normal, but I can't remember for sure I'm afraid.

However, surely if you're going to have the ECU reading MAP, you would be best to start with a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor (as applicable, can't remember what boost pressure they run) so that the ECU can actually "see" boost pressure and fuel accordingly. From what I recall, the standard Lynx setup is a bit fudged and guesstimates fuelling on boost because it only has a 1 bar MAP sensor that will only read vacuum.

welshpug

yeah, standard gti6 one is only 1bar, you need a 2 bar sensor, low boost is 6-7 high boost about 14psi

j_turnell

Thanks chaps. I assumed It was up to the job as it's what the Lynx setup runs, I didn't know what bar rating it was. I wonder what improvements are to be had with running this setup on a proper map! Looks like another £90 odd down the pan on an Omex map sensor then.

cheers

Tom Fenton

Stacks on eBay, not used an Omex but any other ECU I have used is easily set up for any MAP sensor.

Cosworth ones are easy as they can be mounted remotely and fed with a hose, plus lots available.

j_turnell

Thanks for the that Tom, I'll have a look.

welshpug

yeah no need to pay omex a chunk on top of a standard sensor!

j_turnell

Not a huge amount of progress. Started looking into swapping out the front brakes. Thought I'd try my set of Intras as I expected there to be a bit more clearance, when in fact there was less, and the caliper would require further dressing of the back cooling fins!

photo%2024_zpsorf7vpwa.jpg

I may start ripping it to bits over the next few days and get the charger on and see how the front end is going to work in terms of boost pipes, cooler and rad.

allye

You got a engine oil cooler?

2 oil coolers, bigger radiator, intercooler, powered steering reservoir, supercharger oil reservoir ECU etc etc is a right old squeeze!

j_turnell

Just running the standard oil water exchanger. Don't think I'll need an oil cooler to be honest. Ecu is in the car and the pas tank out of the way. So not that bad really

j_turnell

Well I took the day off work today......

photo%201_zpshoxju45w.jpg

photo%202_zps9jj5avy6.jpg

Made pretty good progress - The charger is all bolted on, inlet and injectors. To say clearance on the bonnet is tight is an understatement, I need to cut back some of the strengthening rib on the left hand side but it's looking like it will close OK after that. I'm not all that happy with the interference fit of the adapter plate to the charger but we will see, I put a smear of RTV on it. I made a blanking plate for the idle control valve, broke everything down, cleaned it up and re-sealed it.

To do list:

Fit belt

Modify Omex loom for map sensor

Throttle cable

Mock up intercooler and Rad

Mount oil tank and cooler for the charger.

Re-route PAS pipe

Fit boost gauge

Throttle pot

Hopefully I'll make some more progress tomorrow, I've got a Cossie map sensor and Stack boost gauge on it's way.