Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Xud7? I Think. Fuel Tank Bolts Etc.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

piglet14

piglet14
  • Passengers
  • 19 posts
  • Name:Tim

Thanks Drivers,

I read that about the fuel heat exchanger, think ours is ok at the moment.

Just put new Viton O-rings in the Lucas pump so it'd no longer weeing Diesel everywhere. I still don't get how the purge clears the air then goes firm, but it works.

How many 90HP XUD7TE's have found their way into 205's?

Cheers

Tim

Uberderv

Uberderv
  • Drivers
  • 121 posts
Hi Tim,

Many people have intercooled the XUD7 but the 'usual' engine swap is for the XUD9TE.

Can't speak for the Lucas system (I think its the same though) but the Bosch pump is fitted with a hollow bolt+banjo for the return with a 0.5mm hole in.

This is fitted to the upper part of the pump housing to A- Help expell air.
B- Regulate pump case pressure.

So when you prime the system the air escapes through the hole till its removed, you are then trying to pump liquid through the same orifice. This is why it goes hard..... Oooh err :)

piglet14

piglet14
  • Passengers
  • 19 posts
  • Name:Tim

Uber,
Don't know about the .5 hole, but our pump exit banjo has a non return valve, which works when I suck'n'blow,,,,oooer again.

My old 405 was a 1.9 with intercooler, must have had the 9TE, should have kept it eh? Cars wernt on the radar back then.

Ozy,

missed your post on Haynes, too late I bought a pair off fleabay for a couple of quid each, I never read the things anyway, just write stuff in the cover.

Edited by piglet14, 07 February 2016 - 07:26 PM.