• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Uprated Engine Mounts For Tu3s?

johnnyboy666

i know that the bottom engine mount isnt the same as gti ones but what about the other ones? are they the same as gti ones, or would they need modifying or just completely wont fit?? if thats the case is there anywhere that does xs specific uprated engine mounts? i already have the lower one so not looking for a full set really..

any help appreciated as usual

johnny

Sandy

The "others" fit fine, the bottom one I think can be replaced with a lower 106 one from memory. I got Colin to turn me up a solid alloy lower one, but the noise was a little severe!

calvinhorse

ti motorsport do a solid rubber one which is great and cheap

bren_1.3

the top gearbox mount is identical to a GTI mount.

The top engine mount again is identical to a gti mount, the only difference being the buffers.

the bottom mount you can use a 106 mount for i think..not 100% on that.

EDIT: (just beaten to it, but confirms what sandy mentions about the bottom mount)

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

johnnyboy666

excelent, ive already got the lower one, but still getting a load of engine movement from the slightly knackered other two. how different are the buffers on the top engine mount?? and wheres the best place to buy them ??

thanks again

bren_1.3

the buffers on an XS/Rallye are on a plate which bolts on top of the rubber bush itself and point outward, the GTi buffers attach to the inside of the metal surrounding the top mount. i know what i mean! hard to explain. if you check ebay and look at the full GTI engine top mount kit you should be able to see the difference in how the buffers mount.

i put a 3rd buffer in to help stop lateral movement of the box/engine when cornering. a bit overkill but worth doing for the pittance it costs.

swordfish210

BBM now do a complete TU engine mount kit for the 205. I got mine from there and it was well worth the cash :ph34r:

johnnyboy666

i would get a full kit but ive already got a lower one (BBM i think) and just found a bbm gearbox one on ebay for cheap, just need the top one now...

ishan

Just bought a TI motorsports lower polybush mount. What is the best way to fit it?

From underneath the car, it looks like the mount housing is part of the driveshaft.

Any advise?

Jrod

You will need to the the mount off really and press the old bush out, this does involve removing the driveshaft though.

Sign in to follow this