• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Lsd For Ma Box

AdamP

After Prescott at the weekend I'm pretty sure that the best way to improve times is by fitting a LSD. Coming out of every corner one wheel would spin up, which obviously isn't great....

Which is the best one for the money? Got about £500 to spend realistically.

Miles

I know Tran X do one for the MA box but has the crownwheel as part of it due to the lack of room and the std way of mounting them is well rubbish, Quaife do one as well but needs maching to fit which isn;t difficult.

Rob Thomson

I had a Gripper plate LSD in my old 106. Came complete with a 5.1 CWP which helped to keep the engine screaming. It needed rebuilding every ~1000 competitive miles and banged and crashed at low speeds, but did what it was supposed to do very well. Not just extra traction, but it made it oversteer under power which was not what you'd expect from a FWD car.

AdamP

Video of my last run:

You can here the wheel spin out of the corners quite well.

Jrod

What suspension setup are you running?

AdamP
What suspension setup are you running?

Erm... not 100% sure! Spax I believe, but past that i'm not sure. It's pretty well suited to the hills actually :rolleyes: Not as bad as people make out on the track, probably a bit harsh for the road though.

Jrod

Rear? Tb's ARB?

AdamP
Rear? Tb's ARB?

Standard :rolleyes: Spax shocks though.

EDIT: Thanks for the LSD advice! It's only just popped up for me! :S

Edited by AdamP

Jrod

Considered stiffening the rear up a bit? Will stop the weight transfer off the inside wheel thus less wheelspin.

swordfish210

I wouldnt bother with an LSD if i were you, just a bit more throttle control :( When i took my XT up Prescott hill in the wet i wasnt spinning the wheels as much as you (nor in the dry) and that was on my old A539's and standard suspension. Save your money and get a bit more driving practice in :lol:

Other than that very well done mate :blush:

AdamP
I wouldnt bother with an LSD if i were you, just a bit more throttle control :lol: When i took my XT up Prescott hill in the wet i wasnt spinning the wheels as much as you (nor in the dry) and that was on my old A539's and standard suspension. Save your money and get a bit more driving practice in :D

Other than that very well done mate :D

Pah, what good is power if you can't put it down! :lol:

I know what you mean, my dad's driving was a bit smoother with less wheel spin..... but 2 seconds slower as well :):D My throttle control isn't great and i'm not used to driving a car with power enough to spin the wheels :blush:

I'd still like to have an LSD before I start getting more power from the engine.

Sign in to follow this