• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Ma Gearbox Oil Seal Part Number?

johnnyboy666

i finally get round to changing my driveshafts after getting some second hand ones, and just to be sure thought i might aswell change to oil seals whilst im there. so i ordered them from pug yesterday, picked them up today, wipped the long driveshaft out without too much difficulty (apart from getting box oil on the drive when draining it, oops) i then go about yoinking the oil seal out, breaking it a little in the process, then go to grab the new one to find its about 1cm bigger in diameter! crap!

so the question is have pug just given me the wrong one (although they even took the registration number of my car to double check parts)

or is there different sizes for different ma boxes

and does anybody have the part number im looking for so i can go back tomoro

(of course i realised the problem about 10 mins before the pug place shuts and im about 15 mins away, typical)

thanks in advance

john

johnnyboy666

looking at the invoice it seems that the part number for the seals they gave me is

is this correct?

RossD

They may have given you the seal for the passenger side? Thats bigger than the drivers side seal by about 1cm, as you say.

christopher

You need 312146 and 312144

johnnyboy666

ah that explains it, as it turns out i only needed to change the drivers side in the end, but when i went to pug to change them, they didnt mention the fact that theyre sided so i now have a spare drivers side one lol

Sign in to follow this