• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Vdo Oil Pressure Guage.

bren_1.3

hi all, i recently bought a VDO oil pressure gauge to 100 PSI on the cheap. its a mechanical type.

i just need to know where i can get the sender/tubing/adapters to fit a TU engine.

im struggling to find anything on the tinternet. ive never fitted one of these before to any car ive had!

Thanks.

swordfish210

Merlin Motorsport is your place. I got a t-piece there to fit my Carebont guage.

bren_1.3

where does it T-off to though?

i shall have a look-see! thanks

swordfish210

From the original sender position in the front of the block, i'll take a piccy after i'v had my dinner :rolleyes:

swordfish210

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

As you can see (god how lame does that sound :lol: ) i'v fixed the original oil pressure sender in to the end of the t-piece, although i had to turn 1.8mm off of the end of it to screw it all the way in to the t-piece so it would seal properly.

bren_1.3

i see :lol: it looks like you have a 4-2-1 manifold on there. no issues with clearance i take it.

last question now....

where does the wiring for the original sender go to? back to the dash somewhere? is it just a live?

swordfish210

aye it goes in to the dash loom, it's just a live as the dash loom is earthed

bren_1.3

good times! many thanks for your help! appreciate it...

bren_1.3

follow up to this... i went to a website www.holden.co.uk, type in part number 070.255 and it supplies the correct T piece, delivered its about 8 quid.

(matt lewis racing on ebay is 9.99 plus 1.99 for the same thing)

holden is better than most places as far as i could make out. worth a look at some of the other bits and pieces they sell for gauges.

for the 1/8 NPT fittings i went to rallydesign and spent 12 quid delivered for 2 metres of 4mm nylon tubing, a female and male push on adaptor...

not sure if i could have done much better...

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

swordfish210

nice, i spent about the same at merlins but i get my *cough* ex-staff discount :blush:

Sign in to follow this