• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexN

Heated Front Windscreen

AlexN

As part of my project I have been thinking about how to solve the problem of my windscreen misting up. I do not want to use the original heater, in fact I do not want a heater at all. I have found a company that makes electrically heated front screens for certain Peugeots (mainly used for rallying), and they make one for the 306.

http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/p...indscreens.html

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this, but is the 306 screen sufficiently similar to the 405 screen that I could use it? The screen is only £200+VAT so if I could use it, it would save me a lot of time and money on alternative solutions.

I guess if no one knows the answer I could always get in touch and find out what a 405 one would cost. Would anyone else potentially be interested in one if I did have to get one custom made?

cammmy

What's it made from?

AlexN

I imagine that they are made from similar materials to the original screen, as according to the website they are road legal. You haven't got a 306 screen lying around to compare to the 405 one have you?? :D

cammmy

Unfortunately not, does it use heated wires like a rear windscreen?

AlexN
Unfortunately not, does it use heated wires like a rear windscreen?

The heating element is very fine and is laid inbetween some on the laminated layers of the screen (I think). If you look at the screens on modern Fords you can see the wires, they are barely noticeable. Apparently this company needs a minimum of 10 orders to make a new screen, so I don't think making a 405 one will be practical unless 10 people amazingly declare their interest! Hence why I am keen to work out how different a 306 screen is.

calvinhorse

306 and 405 screens are completly different apart from being made from glass!

AlexN
306 and 405 screens are completly different apart from being made from glass!

That is what I thought, but I was hoping they would be similar enough you could adapt a 405 to make it fit.

DRTDVL1345402287

I've heard mixed things about heated screens...

I know a few people using pc fans, this is a friends setup for his misty mirage (colt):

demist_fans.jpg

3x 30 watt, 6500 rpm, 120 cfm fans... now mounted to the factory windscreen ducts...

Sign in to follow this