• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexN

Phase 2 Dash Into A Phase 1 Car

AlexN

Basically as the title really! I prefer the look of the phase 2 dash compared to the phase 1 and as I want to refit just the dash into my car so does anyone know if a phase 2 dash will fit straight in?

Then the next question is, if it fits does anyone have one lying around they want to get rid of?!

welshpug

can't think of any specific reasons why it wont, though never seen a 405 with the dash out, are you going to run a heater box?

AlexN

There are three or four bolts (can't quite remember) that go through the bulkhead. Not too worried if these are in different places just that it will physically fit! As you say though I can't really see why not just thought I would see if anyone knows for sure before getting hold of one.

I am not going to be running any of the original heating system so just the main part of the dash will go in. I am going to have a little bracket for the Race Technology dash mounted on the steering column so I will just board up the original dash binacle with a bit of carbon fibre. I will also make a switch panel on the centre console with some more cf and get the whole thing flocked :)

chris adams

just to clarify you are changing the loom as well ? as im sure ive read that thre looms/plugs are different also the new shape dont match the door card shape where the air ducts are. so its not just a matter of out and in all the wiring has to be changed or spliced.

KRISKARRERA
the new shape dont match the door card shape where the air ducts are
That's exactly what stopped me doing this.

AlexN

I am literally just putting the dash itself in, all the wiring is going to be new and I don't care that the vents won't match as I won't have any door cards (well maybe just carbon fibre sheet!). I will probably try and give it a go...

chris adams

well in your case theres nothing stopping you from putting in the dash in what so ever all fixing points are the same so it will drop in.

Furio
Basically as the title really! I prefer the look of the phase 2 dash compared to the phase 1 and as I want to refit just the dash into my car so does anyone know if a phase 2 dash will fit straight in?

Then the next question is, if it fits does anyone have one lying around they want to get rid of?!

Fits like a glove - I did it on my previous 405 ph1. I think I used two - three days to figure out how to splice a ph2 wiringloom from a 2.0 to a ph1 1.6. But after that I just fitted it with the heating system and plummed in the wiring.

But the comment on the door panels is correct. But if you not going to use them, then no problems then

Edited by Furio

Sign in to follow this