• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rossi

Gti6 Wiring

rossi

Hi there.

Currently in the middle of a gti6 conversion. I bought the engine off Dixon and it came from his 205, so it should have been simple.

There's a few wires, ECU related that need connecting somewhere, and the guy who's installed the engine for me is clueless, and so are some auto electricians i've been in touch with. They don't seem to wanna go near it!

Are there any electrics gurus in the north west willing to lend a hand for some dough! The cars bein stored at the mo just needing wiring.

Cheers.

pugman211

im sure someone will help out mate!! But a bit more info/pics would be a great starting point too!!

Spiky

did it not come with 2 brown connectors???

what wires are left???

got any pics????

Spiky

forgot to add, the wiring is actually fairly simple (read, learnt loads when doing mine...lol)

but i have a good memory for them :P

Edited by Spiky

rossi

alright dude.

not sure about the brown connectors off memory! i'll get some piccys tomorrow after work and post em up here.

cheers.

rossi

Right....

got some pics earlier today in complete darkness almost! proper dungeon of a garage where it's bein stored.

dsc00021yf1.th.jpg

dsc00022io2.th.jpg

dsc00023wr1.th.jpg

dsc00019pq1.th.jpg

dsc00018tq2.th.jpg

Hope these help.

Cheers.

Spiky

ok firslty you dont need the coil ort ignition amp as i seen in those pics.

the red live that goes fro inside the car to the coil can be used to power your lambda and the grey lead for the ignition module (relay module) as it's switched with the ignition

after you taken the coil and ingnition amp out, let me know what wires you have left over :wacko:

Edited by Spiky

Spiky

to add

the two brown connectors (the two not connected to anything) "should" just plug into the loom inside your car,

now what you need to do is tell me if any of these go to nowhere, and then i can then tell you where they go..

rossi

cheers spiky! i'll update you on the outcome tomorrow. Nice one!

nice motor btw, what a beast!

Spiky

no probs dude

cheers by the way, suspension next, and it's going to costs just as much as i paid for the car :wacko::):lol::lol:

Spiky

finished yet? :blush:

rossi

Hey ya, sorry about the delay! Been busy and having my car gettin broken into etc, robbin b******s... syphoned all my petrol and nicked my radio!

Anyway, ive had 4 auto electricians down in the meantime and theyve all been unreliable and refuse to touch the wires (basically because the engine isn't designed for the 205!)... or they're just not turning up. Cheers for that advice spiky but cos no one will touch it, it cant be put into practice! i daren't try it cos me and electrics are just disasterous usually n i dont fancy frying my ECU heh.

Just been down to the garage again now and got some pics, better ones hopefully.

If anyone on here would have a go at it, feel free to! Gettin desperate for the car, with work etc. Will obviously pay for the help n that!

Here are some more pics.

dsc00087vu7.th.jpg

dsc00088wl6.th.jpg

dsc00089kk9.th.jpg

dsc00090bo0.th.jpg

dsc00091sv0.th.jpg

dsc00092bi8.th.jpg

dsc00093oo9.th.jpg

Anyone? help!

TurboSam

before I did my 205, I was really useless at anything electrical, but with some good advice from alastair and spiky and some threads on here I gave it a go myself and its really not that bad.

Alastairh

Christ. What a mess.

Right. The old 205 coil pack wiring. Ditch all that.

All you need on the 205 front is the 2 brown plugs from picture 2 with the wires, so you have no 205 ecu plug or injector plugs etc, thats what you have to seperate :rolleyes:. These 2 brown plugs is what connects in to the 205 to make it plug and play.

This is roughly right from the 205 brown plugs:

9 Pin Brown connector

1. Reverse light (wire 52, brown)

2. Reverse light (wire 53, purple)

3. Coolant light (wire 47, yellow)

4. Coolant meter (wire 47a, red)

5. Alternator (wire 7a, brown thin wire)

6. Oil pressure meter (wire 30, lilac)

7. Oil temp meter (wire 30a, white)

8. Oil pressure light (wire 30b, grey)

9. Switched positive (wire 2, light blue)

6 Pin Brown connector

You can see the fuel pump wire (#76) is in pin 1 on the plug.

You then have;

• Earth (green & yellow)

• Rev counter wire (112B).

• The thin red wire (74a) comes out the other side of the plug as wire 32a.

• Thick red wire goes in as 2 & out as 2a to the coil

So, with the sensors, you'll need to match them up with the sensors going via the 19 pin round plug on the 306 loom. This is how i do it, but some people just cut this plug out, but i like to keep it in to make it original.

With a multimeter buzz through the sensors.

To make it run you'll need the starter, fuel, ignition live and constant live. The constant comes off the little fuse box beside the battery in the 205, and if you look on your old 205 loom their will be a grey 2 pin plug that you can use to plug in, and with the lead long enough solder it in to the 306 loom.

Do you know what wires to wire in on the 306 loom?

Al

rossi

Brill, good stuff that al. The purple wire on the 306 loom (engine management) has got me stumped, where does that connect to?

Cheers!

Spiky

pretty sure i didn't use that,

i only connected up what was needed,

i.e. all the sensors, oil and wanter

lambda

crank

the grey lead to the ingnition relay

fuel pump

infact i connected up all the wires that are on the 2 brown connectors under the dash, ;)

pdd144c

Clear your PM inbox Steve! Diff will be with you Friday.

Spiky
Clear your PM inbox Steve! Diff will be with you Friday.

great news,

going to have a quite a few parcels this week...lol

TurboSam

steve have you got both oil pressure light and gauge wired up?

I've only got the gauge atm, but would like the light too, did you use the sender above the starter? (mines a p1 engine)

Spiky
steve have you got both oil pressure light and gauge wired up?

I've only got the gauge atm, but would like the light too, did you use the sender above the starter? (mines a p1 engine)

i've only got the low pressure wanring plugged in at the moment,

but i have many things to do this winter,

one being to fit the adatper i bought so i can run the 205 oil pressure gauge,

then on the right hand side of the front of the block to screw in the low oil pressure

but things are changing daily, and i'm really tempted to run better gauges, rather than rely on the std gauges, which are almost 20yrs old

Matt Holley

I run both oil warning light and gauge, I used the 205 gauge sender with an adapter in place of the gti6 sender and there is another oil pressure warning light sender on the right hand side of the block just below the head that doesnt have a plug on it originaly, Mine was a vts engine so dont know if they all had this.

Alastairh
I run both oil warning light and gauge, I used the 205 gauge sender with an adapter in place of the gti6 sender

Yeah, thats how id do it :)

rossi

i'm missing a crank sensor it seems, it must be in dixons old 1.9 box :) does anyone kno for sure if the 306 engine's crank sensor is identical to the xsara, as they sue diff boxes... went to get one from citroen but they said there was many types for the xsara vts :S they had none in stock anyway.

Alastairh

i should have one spare that was working on my GTI6 fine before i removed it if it helps :)

Al

rossi

How much would u like for it? :)

Sign in to follow this