Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dobboy's Latest Project - Mk3 Mr2 (2002)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Leslie

Surely the person who taxed it had to register it to themselves  to have got a reminder in the post to their address to actually tax it unless it was taxed with a trade insurance policy .

My brother sold an sri cavalier many years ago which was involved in a hit and run a few days after by the buyer and the police landed at his door but fortunately for him he had send the docs off just dvla hadn't updated the records !

Edited by Leslie green, 30 July 2017 - 07:37 PM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
you can still tax in person at a p.o.

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Leslie

you can still tax in person at a p.o.

Indeed but I thought only if it was in your name which they should really have checked.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
nope, they don't check that, its of no concern to them who pays the money as long as its insured and has an MOT.

dobboy

dobboy
  • Drivers+
  • 2,600 posts
  • Name:Jack
Garage View Garage
So posted the letters to DVLA, and after phoning 911 about 20 times before getting to speak to a human, they advised the vehicle has been collected. What a waste of valuable effort.

dobboy

dobboy
  • Drivers+
  • 2,600 posts
  • Name:Jack
Garage View Garage

Got to laugh.

The guy who bought the MR2 from me (bit of a strange guy; possible drug dealer/junkie/alcy/night creature!), appeared at my door tonight.

He said i've just switched my phone on (after soooo many days) and got your messages!  :wacko:

I told him the story of my letter etc, and how it was all sorted.

Anyway, his pal/neighbour (with the dog) had told him i was selling Mini2, and he said he was interested.

I gave him the sales pitch and said to him to have a shot of it. He then reversed into my gate and took a little bit of paint off the back bumper!

He had a few tame miles in it, amazed by it's performance, eventually I got bored and asked him to pull in and took over at the wheel. I showed him what it can actually do. I'm not sure what has been done before me but it's a quick little car. It could do with a bigger ARB on the back, but controlling it sideways on PS3's sealed the deal i think, and he's coming back to buy it on Wednesday. I'm in no rush to sell and the paint damage isn't too bad.

Anyway, the GF can now look for some modern/soulless piece of non rusting, high mpg, piece of non sense, to clutter my launch pad  :D, and i'm one small step closer to GP2.

The joy's of Gumtree, where you can convert your playstation into some scaffolding!  :lol:

Silky

Silky
  • Drivers+
  • 1,098 posts
  • Name:Michael
Garage View Garage
Do the V5 online yourself this time