• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbo_jay

Crank On The 2lt 8v Turbo

Guest turbo_jay

Hi all just wondering if anybody could help me. I have just recently bought someone elses project. The crank was knocking so i set about to take the shells out of the crank. I have now taken them out and went to my nearest peugeot dealer to order some more, they say there is about 4 different types ????

There isn't any part number on the shells, they say there will be a part number some where or a coloured dot. If there is a coloured dot

it should either be red, green, black, or blue. If there is a part number it should have in it, or start with rg, ve, nr, be. Does anybody no where to find this coloured dot or part number?

KIND REGARDS ; JAY.

:RG - RED

:VE - GREEN

:NR - BLACK

:BE - BLUE

welshpug

I thought there would be a part number on the back of the bearing?

have you measured the crank to ascertain if it needs a grind?

Tom Fenton

Take the crank to your local engine machinist, they will be able to measure the crank to check its size, grind it if needed, and supply the right bearings to go with it, job done.

Miles

As said if the crank was knocking it will almost need a grind, You cannot just stick some new shells in and hope for the best unless you get the 1 in a million that does work.

Sign in to follow this